Thread: Ice Cream Sandwich for Motorola defy +

Ice Cream Sandwich for Motorola defy +

Hey all, I am here to get some information about the Ice Cream Sandwich for Motorola defy, and this is because of recently I get the new Motorola defy, and I am really very happy to have this phone. But I hear about the Ice Cream Sandwich for the Smartphone’s and for that reason I am thinking that this will be very good if Motorola defy will get the Ice Cream Sandwich release. Is here anyone have the information about this?? Will they are going to release this for the phone and if yes then when they are going to release this??

re: Ice Cream Sandwich for Motorola defy +

No, I am not sure about this but still I can say that If they don't get it officially, I'm sure they will receive it unofficially. I am telling this because, I am also waiting for this release and recently I have got this news which I have told you. And also here I would like to say to you that I can't wait to see the Ice Cream though, hopefully they will also carry some hardware GUI acceleration.

Hey according to me, I will say to you all that it is not clear, in this moment, but it has leaked version of official Gingerbread(android 2.3). and about this update, About some peoples this update it's not for our Defy, a for new Defy+. And also I am sure that the update work will be great for the Motorola defy. And let me tell you all over here that, I am waiting for the Motorola official decision, if they refuse official Gingerbread I will flash it unofficially. I am not able to get the proper date for this decision, but hope that they will soon release this date.

Well, I also agree with that the Motorola defy, will not see the Gingerbread OFFICIALLY, but recently I have seen that the Gingerbread is now coming for the Motorola defy also with the 1GHz processor. And after watching this, I can say that this is the only a kindly upgraded version of the Defy and comes with gingerbread, it should be simple to port the OS to the normal Defy and so it will be approximately official. I am not sure about this, I am just telling you this because, I have read somewhere this news.

Ok dude, I am getting here what you want to say. But let me tell you that since they are launching the Defy+ with Gingerbread, they most likely will not give the usual Defy Gingerbread. However, now that Google's acquired Motorola, you can expect things to modify. Developers will be able to account for all form factors within this same version of the OS

Ok friends, thanks for this dissection, but still I didn’t get the proper sugges2tion about the release of ICS for the Motorola defy. If anyone have the approximate date for that then please reply me back about that. And also thanks to all of you.

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich for Motorola defy +

For this, I will say that I believe they have stated somewhere else that progress of CM9, based on ICS, will not start until the SDK for Android 4 is out. They are not coming up for the SDK but for the basis code of ICS. There are SDK ports for the Nexus S and other devices. And also here I will say that there is the opportunity, but it will take 1.According to my information Google to release the sources after the Galaxy Nexus is released and then to support the Defy.