Thread: Capacitive Buttons not lighting up on HTC Vivid

Capacitive Buttons not lighting up on HTC Vivid

Recently I got this HTC Vivid beautiful phone and all I really like the phone. The HTC Vivid has a nice, large screen, an excellent camera, and great specs all around. Now it has small issue. Capacitive Buttons not lighting up on to its touch screen. It would appear somewhat pointless to back off from capacitive buttons. It glows in a dim room but in other case I don’t found any suitable result onto it. Does the region of the display that the buttons are into work for whatever thing else? If anyone experience about it share your valuable result with us. Thanks in advance.

Re: Capacitive Buttons not lighting up on HTC Vivid

The HTC Vivid has a nice, large screen protector keeps the LDC screens of the smartphone. It has a feature of Accelerometer Sensors, Multi touch input and Graphics Acceleration. Smartphone contains ROMs, the hardware buttons are programmed to only light up in a dim room, to save battery. In light room there is no need such capacitive buttons lighting up situations. The reason behind this is because of the in light room, no need such things. User can easily view its buttons easily. Hence I don’t think its any kind of bug present into it.

The stock ROM is probably configured, which turns on the backlight only at the lowest ambient light level. You can able to edit this Rom configuration. Hence I would be say that try to access this configurations with the help of CyanogenMod application. Then set this setting to its default stage. This will be work to you for fixing this lighting up issue. You can edit this config and increase the lighting up range of the capacitive button. Also it will be helpful for avoiding such option if you want to save extra waste battery of your mobile phone.

The HTC Vivid is a powerful Android phone with a beautiful screen and fast 4G LTE data on AT&T's brand new network. Mine don't light up either. I noticed it last night when I was using the phone in a low-light. Seriously I haven’t receiving any lighting up onto its mobile screen. Can you describe what actual things happen onto it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ecchumati View Post
    The HTC Vivid is a powerful Android phone with a beautiful screen and fast 4G LTE data on AT&T's brand new network. Mine don't light up either. I noticed it last night when I was using the phone in a low-light. Seriously I haven’t receiving any lighting up onto its mobile screen. Can you describe what actual things happen onto it?
    If you have flashed the mobile phone ROM, they won't light up in the sunlight to save battery life. In that case, you need to either re-flash this ROM or apply some procedure that will be work to set its setting to default stage. Something like reset factory setting option of the smartphone. This is really helpful when such setting changes happen onto it. hence I would be say that either re-flash this mobile ROM or can be do the reset task onto it.

You need to try covering the light sensor onto it. This will be work to fix your capacitive button not working problem. Light sensors are located under a protective cover of mobile phone. It simulates the light conditions on a number plate. This light sensor also helpful to determine light based on the amount of light that hits its A or B plate. Hence I think it’s better to handle this light sensor onto your mobile phone. It works to fix the ratio of the lighting up and down of this touchscreen devices. You can achieve these things with the help of the expert person.

Screen Filter in this HTC Vivid is use to disable the lighting up of this capacitive buttons. Hence I would be say to you that try to access this screen filter onto your smartphone. It will be helpful to you for understanding and then performing appropriate task onto it.

Trying it out now and it does what it says it should thus far.. i am noticing touchscreen of this mobile phone has been now works great without giving such unwatched issue. With the help of this screen filter I able to set the option to disable. So, it will be helpful to me for saving battery life of the mobile phone. You can also get this result when you try to use this screen filter option onto it.

I prefer this way more than having them on all the time; it is a waste of battery. Hence I would be say that to avoid this lighting up capacitive button onto your mobile phone with the help of screen filter. Screen Filter: Reduce the brightness of your screen, save battery. A cross screen filter, also known as a star filter, creates a star pattern. It reduces the risk of clogging of emitters and pipeline in drip / micro irrigation system. Hence I would be recommend to you try to disable this capacitive button lighting up option for saving waste battery. This is best for you and your mobile phone.

Learn to type and speak english you dumbass mother****ers - Can't understand a damn thing you are talking about in relation to Saral question