Thread: How to make a full Backup of Motorola Defy

How to make a full Backup of Motorola Defy

Generate a complete backup of your Defy (by the use of nandroid backup) in addition to a backup of each and every one of your app data. You have got to be ROOTED to carry out this. Prior to you make potentially damaging things for example flashing a latest custom rom to your mobile phone, otherwise modifying it in whichever additional way, it is significant to back up your present ROM in case stuff go incorrect. This is named a nandroid backup and will save your whole phone’s state (ROM, apps, the whole thing, to your SD Card), with the intention that you can bring back your mobile phone to the way stuff was, in case you chaos things up.

Re: How to make a full Backup of Motorola Defy

Thanks to the friends of XDA Developers found the ROM version CM7.1 in RC1, almost production, which I installed on my Android and I'm trying. But before performing this procedure, and after Rooter my motorola, flash the SBF Nordic and install 2ndInit, I made a backup of my ROM Nandroid. It should be noted that the ROM does not have the Boot because it is replaced by the 2ndInit.

Nandroid and Titanium are not quite the same goal. Nandroid is a complete picture of the phone, when you eat, you gain your phone in exactly the same condition it was. Titanium tries to save him handle not only data applications such as order to restore after installing a new ROM.

As some will know from a while ago to have a wonderful phone with android, in this case I decided on the Motorola defy, especially that of being resistant to scratches and water. As I can not sit still too long, I had to try to change the software to give me any more benefits, as well as I did in the past with my Samsung Omnia i900.

Make a backup or use Nandroid Titanium Backup needs to have a unit root, is it your case?

Otherwise, you can use a backup solution such as MyBackup Pro is free for 30 days and can save then restore on the same device or another. Backups are stored on memory card, I suggest making a copy on the hard drive of your computer. For safety, you can also back up your SMS with SMS Backup & Restore, the principle is the same and the backups are stored on memory card.

If your contacts are in Gmail, you have nothing to do and you will find them automatically identify with the same account on your new mobile.

For applications, it is the same, the fact identify with the same Google Account you will find them on the Android Market, and it is possible to set the machine to automatically install it.

It is obviously that the configuration of the new phone is the same, namely that it is also root. Nandroid is restored via Recovery; this process is more focused on restoration of ROM and configuration data system. Titanium in turn will not restore your ROM and is more focused on applications and data system by a package. Zip

Regarding "My Backup Pro", I read because it was free for 30 days, but only for data backup, restoration being paid. By cons, what you're saying is that by using "Titanuim Backup" or "Nandroid Backup", I can copy afterwards the backup file directly on my PC. And when I received my new phone, I copy the backup to the new SD card in the new phone and restore can be done

Yes, and this is recommended for all other content. It will be very useful if, for example, you have CoPilot maps on memory card. You will not have to download them again when you reinstall the application.

Titanium Backup for example, it will be installed again and it will be enough to get the backup to memory card and then launch it.

In favor of those who are not recognizable with the Nandroid backup, this procedure actually backs up each state of your mobile phone. If you muddle something up huge time, you can restore by the use of Nandroid and it will find your phone back to the correct state while you did the backup.