Thread: Unable to load android market and google apps after updating defy to gingerbread

Unable to load android market and google apps after updating defy to gingerbread

What happened to me is that I wanted to go downgrade from android 2.3 to the android 2.1, but it was not possible to do that. So I went downgrading to android 2.2 but what happened is that the some how I tried doing this by reading some tricks on the net. I succeeded doing this but after I went again fpr upgrading with android 2.3 but after upgrading to android 2.3 what I found is that I was unable to load the android market and google apps in 2.3. so again I downgraded to android 2.2 and now I am having difficulties with getting of android market and google apps. So help me out from this issue if you know the solution for this.

Re: Unable to load android market and google apps after updating defy to gingerbread

First of all I would like to tell you that, why there was any need of doing such thing when you had the android 2.3 working well on your Motorola defy phone. So now try getting back to the android 2.3 as you did previously and after upgrading to the android 2.3, try switching off the phone and rebooting the phone again and now see whether the android market and the Google apps are visible and working well.

Re: Unable to load android market and google apps after updating defy to gingerbread

I have done the following things said by you and what I found out is that the android market and google apps are still not visible. So do anyone have the different solution rather than this.

If you are not able get the android market and the google apps from doing the above procedure then try doing this I guess it works for you

- First thing you need to do is that turn off your phone
    - Press the power key and volume up key at the same time
    - After which you will see the icon of triangle on the screen tap on it
    - Now a menu will appear on the screen
    - From that menu a submenu with the “wipe ” option will available on the screen , select on it and tap “ok”
    - Just follow on the screen and after that the select the “reboot system” and tap ok
    - Your phone will again restart.

Now see whether the android market and Google app is working or not. But according to me after doing this it should get back to the default settings which will enable with the android market and the google apps.

As trying with this have got me back to the android 2.3 with the android market and the google apps but I want to know whether I can do this with the cynogenmod or RSD lite. As one of my friend told me that it is also possible doing with this but they told me that it will take much time doing with this procedure. But I must say that I am happy to get back to the default version which I got with my defy and don’t want to try anymore.