Thread: factory reset on the Motorola defy+

factory reset on the Motorola defy+

As I am using the Motorola defy+ which I bought past month from amazon. I must say the phone features are very good, but from last two something has been wrong doing with my phone. what happened is that the themes settings has been changed and cannot put back to the default settings so I want to know how to reset the factory settings on the Motorola defy+. So anyone knowing about just share the following with me.

Re: factory reset on the Motorola defy+

Before doing the factory resetting I would like to tell you that you should try again changing your themes from going to the settings and change the themes , this I am saying you because if you are doing factory resetting then you might lose your phone data , which I think be great lose to you. So I want to you try changing the themes `before you do the factory reset on your Motorola defy+ .

Yeah.. above person is right. If you try factory resetting before trying anything to your phone then it will be senseless thing. So just see that whether you are possible to change the themes from the settings and if you are able to change the themes then why you want to do the factory resetting to your phone, since it will save you time and the data from your phone. Because of you do the factory resetting before going through the solution for any issues. Then I would say it will cause you great loss tom you in terms of data. And if you don’t have the data and don’t mind resetting it then you may go ahead with it.

I tried changing the themes from the settings menu , and it is not able to change the themes. So can you suggest me what should I do to get back the same settings for my Motorola defy + phone.

Have you tried switching off the phone and restarting it again. If you have not then try switching off your phone and try restarting it. Now go to your phones settings and try to select the default theme and see is it able to change it or not. I guess it should try to change the theme and if it happens see you again restart the phone.

If you want to factory reset/unbrick your Motorola defy+ phone then you can do with RSD lite just following steps given below but I am not sure.
    For this there are some requirements like you need to get the RSD Lite software.

Steps to unbrick Motorola defy+

• First you need to switch off the Motorola smartphone and take out your battery and then try again putting it back again and now simultaneously press the power and volume up keys.
    • Now using the USB cable connect the phone with your computer .
    • Now open the RSD lite from the computer and see it detects your device or not.
    • After detecting your device click on the button which is there in top of the file field.
    • If the selected file opens , then try to select the .tar FXZ file
    • Now try to save the file in your suitable folder
    • Wait as it will take more time
    • After completeing of flashing the phone will restart again for twice.
    • Now when radio flashing is almost done, the phone will restart again and you will get back to the original one.

I want to know whether is it possible to reset the phone with out having any software as doing this is a long procedure and it could help me if I can try resetting with my phone and instead of doing with the help of any software.

Yeah …it is possible to do this. For this follow the procedure given below:-

- First turn off your phone
    - Now press the power key and the volume up key together
    - Now triangle icon will appear on the screen
    - Now touching on the screen, a menu will appear on the screen with many submenus
    - Now from it choose the “wipe ” option and press “ok”
    - Now follow the instruction on your screen and choose the “reboot system ” and click ok
    - After doing this mobile will restart again.