Thread: how to make SIP settings in the HTC vivid?

how to make SIP settings in the HTC vivid?

Hi, i have recently purchased this HTC vivid and when i was just making all the settings according my convenience i came to know that the phone has a section for SIP settings, so what is that actually, why do we have to make those settings to the device? Is it necessary to make those settings to the phone?

Please let me know what is the use of those settings in the device along with that also let me know how to do that, what is the actual configuration? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: how to make SIP settings in the HTC vivid?

The Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is an IETF-defined signaling protocol widely used for calculating communication sessions like voice and video calls over Internet Protocol (IP). The protocol can be used for making, adapting, and terminating two-party or multiparty Sessions might consist of one or numerous media streams. But as far as mobiles are concerned i would say in simple words this settings are actually made for making calls to the contact over internet connection no matter though which media such as either 3G or WIFI or any other. Thus for making such calls you need to have this settings configured in the device. But still let me tell you as you need to have Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) version on your phone in order to make use of any native SIP client for making calls, and it think it seems like you must be having the same OS installed in the phone isn’t it?

i am agree with the above user as you must have to have gingerbread installed in your mobile, anyways see i have mentioned the settings which is needed for the phone.

• Go to Settings and then select Call Settings and find "Accounts" settings.

• beneath" Accounts" find SIP Accounts and click "Add Account" button

• now there you’ll get different in which you need to insert following information;

User Name: 555xxxxxxx (here xxxxxxx means your account number for example, use the account number assigned to you - e.g. 5551231234- while signed up for VoIPVoIP service. )

Password: Now you have to insert the password, here make sure you are entering similar password used to login to your VoIPVoIP account
      Server : sip3.voipvoip.com
      Enable "set as primary account".

• Once you enable Internet Calling under Settings, you are prepared to make calls using Internet Calling over Wi Fi. Calls over 3G will be disabled

It was quite good to see but it was for the WIFI right? So what about 3G? how to configure settings for 3G?

And what are those SIP based application from where can i download them? Anyways thanks for the settings you have mentioned.

see i am not very much sure about all the application but i have mentioned the one known to me.

• Sipdroid for Android

• Linphone for Android, BlackBerry, iPhone;

• CSipSimple for Android