Thread: Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket vs. HTC Vivid

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket vs. HTC Vivid

Hi, i am about to buy a good mobile for myself but still confused about some of the model because of their different specifications and features, but still the two that i have mentioned in the title is quite good rather they are at some sort of consideration. But here as well i am quite confused over here as well. Anyways i hope I’ll get good recommendation from here. Any suggestion will be appreciate.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket vs. HTC Vivid

i would always prefer Samsung over here, because see first of all when it comes to brand name it has quite good compare to HTC and no doubt if you have a glance at the specification you’ll be aware as the skyrocket is quite good to have in every aspect.

Have you ever seen the specification of the phone yet? If not then i would like to recommend you that you should visit at least their official web site and check what they are giving with the phone. The very important thing that made me impressed was the display type skyrocket comprises. You’ll get Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touch screen with 16M colors where as in vivid you’ll get S-LCD capacitive touch screen, 256K colors.

i am agreeing with the above user, because see as far as Smartphone’s are concerned they must have to have at least 16m color display for superior quality. Since the 256K is quite normal rather i would say that is quite ordinary with respect to Smartphone’s.

Though i have the same recommendation for the phone as the above user but still the thing that i am not getting is like Vivid comes with the ~245 ppi pixel density where as skyrocket has only ~207 ppi pixel density, how is it possible ? because as mentioned above the Samsung mobile has support of 16M colors rather another one has only 256K .:O, quite difficult to choose. Because even the pixel resolution is also good in the vivid, as you’ll get 540 x 960 with 4.5 inches or screen. Anyways still i am recommending your to have Samsung only rather than the Vivid but off course this should be your exclusive opinion.

i think you haven’t ever seen the specification of both or might be you haven’t ever compare it, anyway see i have emphasized on some main factors of the phone so that you can have better idea about the phones.

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket

Display Type : Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, Gorilla Glass display, TouchWiz UI v4.0, Gyroscope sensor
    Internal memory : 16 GB storage, 1 GB RAM
    Camera: 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization
    Secondary camera : 2 megapixel.
    CPU: 1.5 GHz dual-core processor

HTC Vivid

Display type : S-LCD capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors, no gorilla glass display, HTC Sense UI, no Gyroscope sensor.
    Internal memory : 16 GB storage, no RAM , no ROM.
    Camera: 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED flash, Geo-tagging, face detection
    Secondary camera: 1.3 megapixel
    CPU: 1.5 GHz dual-core processor

i would like to recommend you that you should get the mobile from the Sony Ericsson rather than such small brands, because see you must be aware as when it comes to Sony, the name is enough only. In fact if you look at their mobiles phones you’ll be surely amaze after seeing the newer Xperia series, they are much better than this one, though are quite lesser at their hardware specification but still i would always prefer from their only.

Ok please let me know which mobile has ability to be rooted? Because i think without that they are quite worthless.

I'm discussing too here's their main differences that I observe on paper - I haven't seen either in person yet.
    • Vivid 1620MaH battery (5.2hr talk time), Skyrocket 1850MaH battery (7.1hr talk time)

• Vivid has QHD with 540x960 resolution display, Skyrocket has Super AMOLED plus with 480 x 800 resolution

• Both have Snapdragon Qualcomm APQ8060 processor, Vivid at 1.2Ghz, Skyrocket at 1.5Ghz

• Skyrocket has gingerbread 2.3.5, Vivid has 2.3.4 and off course not a big deal since both will get Ice Cream Sandwich update

• Skyrocket WILL support NFC, it's very soon disabled until ICS comes out, Vivid hesitant yet

it all points to Samsung. I'm kind of dissatisfied since I was really looking onward to the Vivid. I haven't seen the displays alongside, but the HTC has that going for it. I'm not sure how significant/practical NFC will be yet.

off course you root the device, see i am not sure about the same but still we can assume it for sure, but still i believe that rooting is not the only considerable thing while getting any phone, isn’t it ?