Thread: Do Motorola xoom 2 support USB host?

Do Motorola xoom 2 support USB host?

Hi, friends I am about to buy new Motorola xoom 2 in this month I liked the tablet very much it has awesome features and I also liked it’s looks but the only thing is confusing me is that I have read many conflicting reports that whether Motorola xoom 2 supports USB host with using adapter cable and can read, mount and write. Hope I will get better answer so that I can make my decision to take tablet soon.

re: Do Motorola xoom 2 support USB host?

I don’t have Motorola xoom 2 but I have xoom family edition that kernel supports USB mass storage, as xoom and xoom 2 both are not Google experience device tablet so according to me xoom 2 will also support USB host.

I have Motorola xoom 2 and the USB host works fine every time with any problem, even one of my friends has xoom 2 ME and he is also using tablet camera connection kit which works great. So I have tested both device xoom 2 and xoom 2 me they both use 4 GB pen drive with the help of adapter and they works without any problem.

Thanks for your suggestion, I use USB thumb a lot so I want this feature to be proper, I forget to tell that I is it possible to connect this tablet with OTG cable or adapter and does this works fine?.
    As I haven’t saw Motorola XYBoard yet so I just want to ask you that is this both Motorola xoom 2 and Motorola XYBoard are same means both are 100% identical because I have heard that both are same.

No, the both tablets Motorola xoom 2 and XYBoard are not 100% identical as they are similar but not 100% because both have different software and both Verizon version comes with LTE.

Hey I use this OTG cables to connect my camera, USB stick and keyboards and everything works fine. And you can easily get it from Amazon and eBay in 13$ so don’t worry about USB host in xoom 2 it works awesome, so go a buy Motorola xoom 2 it’s an great tablet to have.