Thread: HTC Vivid overheating

HTC Vivid overheating

Hi, I have recently purchased HTC VIVID and do not know having problem with the phone as it just keeps overheating after using it for a while. I am not getting whether this is an universal problem with all the users or this is happening only with me? See i can’t assume as there could be some problem with the hardware because as i have purchased it very recently, but anyways please let me know what could be the problem, rather any suggestion for resolving this would be also appreciated.

Re: HTC Vivid overheating

see normally there could be so many reasons can cause such problem with the phone thus it is quite difficult to figure out what could be the problem because see though this is majorly happens because of the battery only but still there could be some problem with the firmware as well, in fact because of some particular content only it might be possible that it least to warmth the phone after sometime, it would be better if you test the mobile in terms of each and every aspect. See there could be so many phases where this could happen such as,

• While charging the phone,

• While playing games on the phone,

• Running internet based application for almost longer time and many more.

Anyways are you getting any charging issue with the phone? Because see it would be better if you provide specific information about the problem you are having or else it is quite really difficult to figure out the exact cause.

i am agree with the above user as you should try to make use of another battery and the charger in the phone and see what happens, once when i lost my original charger at that time for some days i was charging the phone by means of duplicate charger and at that time i came to know that after half an hour only the battery gets hot, and after all if you read the manual given to you then also you’ll be aware as they have also recommended to make use of only original accessories with the phone.

Thus let me tell you as if you are making use of any such accessory then you should try to get the another one from the official store of HTC, because i believe, that’s the only source from where you can have original product for the mobile you are having.

- i think there could be some problem with the firmware which is been installed in your mobile thus according to me rather than thinking about hardware problem you should first of all try to resetting the firmware of the mobile and then see what happens, because after resetting the firmware all the incorrect cache and the data will be wiped out from the phone and you’ll get the phone simply reset, same as the time you have bought the phone. Let me aware you as there are simply two ways of doing this as one is a soft resetting which will restore the previous factory settings to the device rather another one will restore the whole data in the mobile replacing the current one. Thus over here you must be understood what could be the term replacing means, simply your data will be wiped out from the device and the factory data will be restored. So it would be better if you take a back up first and then only proceed with the resetting firmware.

generally it happens as the damaged battery gets heated in the phone and which in terms causes such problem, thus make sure there isn’t any problem with the battery.

i was also having the same problem with the phone and as mentioned about i would also suggest you the same thing as STOP USING the battery or charger that you are using currently because they may be gone bad and the battery may overheat and explode causing a chemical fire. Have you ever been to any local store from where you have bought the phone, you should go there and talk to them straightly as the phone is defective.

well, as this is a smartphone, it is suppose to be happens if you continuously make use of the phone and if suppose you are really using the phone for at least 3 to 4 hours then obviously this is your usage and there isn’t any problem with the phone, but no doubt you can try for the solution mentioned over here.

But still as a solution to this i would say if you have installed any such application which is actually not meant for your mobile, such any third party application at that time also the battery gets over heated. Thus you should try to remove them from your machine and then see what happens.

Along with this are you running any such application in background for long time? Because see it is again worthless to run the application in the background as this will keep consuming the battery which will subsequently result in draining the batter along with heating.

have you tried resetting the firmware of the phone as mentioned above ? because over here i was also thinking of the same thing but after searching a while on internet i came to know that firmware resetting would not help you any way, am i wrong? Thus instead of that i would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the whole firmware again in your mobile and then see whether you are getting the same problem or not, because it there could be some issue regarding the firmware then surely it will be resolved after reinstallation.

- I personally believe that in such cases it would be always better to visit the service center rather than just waiting for damage as i have done the same thing at that time i just lost my battery and but again it was my good luck as the device was under warranty, i have also heard that some physical damage done by us is also not recoverable.

Anyways you must have gotten the bottom line of the same as you should try to visit the service center and just test your device from there only, so that as they became aware about the same you’ll get any particular replacement of the hardware or else surely you’ll get some sort of solution from there.

i was also thinking about the same thing as it would be better to visit the service center and by not been benefitted if the device is under warranty. Anyways thanks for the suggestions as well.

Even i am having same over heating problem with HTC Vivid.
    over heating is happening, when satilite is in use....i closed respective application and heating is not happening.....like GPS and places applications use satilite connection...you can see antena icon on top.......