Thread: How to find Internal Memory Location in HTC Vivid

How to find Internal Memory Location in HTC Vivid

I am not certain where to locate the full 16GB of storage accessible on the HTC Vivid. while I come across at the folder arrangement I see an sdcard plus sdcard2. Sdcard seem to be interior storage and has 8GB accessible. Sdcard2 is my exterior SD card. Does anybody know where the further 8GB of space is? Perhaps I am looking at this wrong as well as missing something noticeable. Can anyone here can help me out to discover this I would be really glad to know this thanks

Re: How to find Internal Memory Location in HTC Vivid

Quote Originally Posted by Doraiswamy View Post
    I am not certain where to locate the full 16GB of storage accessible on the HTC Vivid. while I come across at the folder arrangement I see an sdcard plus sdcard2. Sdcard seem to be interior storage and has 8GB accessible. Sdcard2 is my exterior SD card. Does anybody know where the further 8GB of space is? Perhaps I am looking at this wrong as well as missing something noticeable. Can anyone here can help me out to discover this I would be really glad to know this thanks
    The way you are saying I am going to presume you already installed apps? Those will take up part on the handset internal storage space. If you have loaded music and videos it is fairly likely you loaded them onto the interior storage too. Also you will by no means see a complete 16gb worth of storage accessibility for the reason that if I recall properly it shares a few of that storage space with the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    The way you are saying I am going to presume you already installed apps? Those will take up part on the handset internal storage space. If you have loaded music and videos it is fairly likely you loaded them onto the interior storage too. Also you will by no means see a complete 16gb worth of storage accessibility for the reason that if I recall properly it shares a few of that storage space with the OS.
    The handset is making use of 4gb for apps plus 8gb for SDcard storage. clearly you identify that we won't get the complete 16gb to utilize And I was presenting 9GB handset memory, 4GB inner storage and 3.15GB left on my 32GB microSD card.

At this instant that I in fact went back and look I do see what you signify. while associated to computer the accessible storage is 8.83 GB. What you require to keep in mind is that Sense acquire an extremely huge quantity of space compare to say Stock Android or pretty greatly any other edition of Android out there. So my presume is one time we see a CM7 or an Optimized Sense Rom we won't be capable to admission more than what we have at once. Kind of does throw you for a circle though when they "Say" 16GB value of inner Storage and don’t comprise an SD Card to recompense for the "Lie".

Samsung GALAXY S II have 16GB plus you acquire 11.3GB. Not to talk about a reset doesn’t clean the 11.3GB at the same time as the Vivid does wipe its 8.83GB.

So I am not certain that Sense takes up that much more space than SAMSUNG TOUCHWIZ.

Good to know this I realize after I post that I hadn't yet looked at the data partition. I likely a certain quantity of space to be used up by the OS however not 8GB. It makes a great deal of sense at the present so it won’t be incorrect The internal space is in fact partitioned into three 3GB for apps, 8GB as "SDcard", and the outstanding 4GB are a system partition.