Thread: Is there anyways to connect the Dell XPS 14 OR Dell XPS 15 with VGA monitor or projector

Is there anyways to connect the Dell XPS 14 OR Dell XPS 15 with VGA monitor or projector

So what your takes on this I really like to know this Is there a method to attach the XPS 14 or XPS 15 to a VGA monitor otherwise projector? since they only come with a HDMI port and Display Port. Is there an adaptor in the pack with the notebook or Dell sell an adaptor? There are website that put up for sale an adaptor HDMI TO VGA but a lot of say that doesn't operate

Perhaps there are alternative with an present Port or USB adapter. If Dell put up for sale this adaptor i wish for to be acquainted with which one work by means of this notebook.

One more query is why XPS 15 contain USB 3.0 ports in addition to XPS 14 have USB 2.0? Is there an error in the specifications?

Re: Is there anyways to connect the Dell XPS 14 OR Dell XPS 15 with VGA monitor or projector

I am afraid VGA is analog.

HDMI plus Display Port are together digital.

so, you will require some sort of converter box.

Re: Is there anyways to connect the Dell XPS 14 OR Dell XPS 15 with VGA monitor or projector

You be able to acquire an adapter for on 20 dollars that go from your mini display port to VGA. Dell do put up for sale that adapter, while you can as well get it from places like newegg.com or amazon.com. I have the same opinion that it is a terrible thought to go from HDMI toward VGA. Dell presented the display port to VGA adapter at the time I buy my XPS 15. I might advocate discovery a mini display port toward VGA adapter.

I can verify that with the Apple "Mini Displayport to VGA adapter" similar to this one workings for my colleague Dell XPS 15 which purchase on Dec 2010 . I simply tried on an Acer projector. The Dell adapter was not obtainable for me on the Australian store except I tried the Apple one to I had at work and I was astonished that it worked.

I got now a "Mini Display Port toward VGA Adapter” and I am extremely dissatisfied. I compensated 25$ in addition to only get a max 1024x768.

I utilize windows 7 4bit, XPS L401X by means of 2GB dedicated Nvidia GeForce GFX card. I make use of Samsung 2233GW max 1650x1050 . Any thought?

I purchase the "Mini Display Port to VGA Adapter" by means of my Dell XPS 15. I, also, am incredibly upset about the resolution being maximum of 1024x768. I awfully much like by means of the laptop exhibit in conjunction with an outside monitor while I am at house. This just doesn't occupation for me.

So, has anybody enthusiastic up an exterior screen to a Dell XPS 15 by means of a HDMI to DVI connector. If so, what resolution can you acquire out of it?

I purchase a generic minidisplay port to vga adapter as of Amazon, it working in 1680x1050 just very well my native exterior monitor resolution I guess I am luck then

I comprise a fresh Dell XPS 15, along with I unable obtain it to send signal or detect a projector plug through the Apple "mini displayport toward VGA adapter". I frequently on journey, and have to join my laptop to other projectors. As they are all still associated to VGA, I not able to go through the HDMI or a few other port.

Do I comprise to create modification to the resolution etc? I have 2 x Dell projectors at effort, and cannot even bond to them

Any way out?

Hey did you seek pressing F1 to button between the diverse projector alternative copy/extend etc . while we plug in the adapter with no the VGAcord connected it sense it immediately and adjusts its resolution as a result that is to turn out to be non widescreen by way of black bars down the side

I can't keep in mind what resolution it produced with the adapter and I haven't attempt modify it although it isn't widescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitika View Post
    I comprise a fresh Dell XPS 15, along with I unable obtain it to send signal or detect a projector plug through the Apple "mini displayport toward VGA adapter". I frequently on journey, and have to join my laptop to other projectors. As they are all still associated to VGA, I not able to go through the HDMI or a few other port.

Do I comprise to create modification to the resolution etc? I have 2 x Dell projectors at effort, and cannot even bond to them

Any way out?
    I am able to switch among the different display option. I presume copy is the one I require, however expand doesn't work moreover.

My PC does not seem to make out the adapter while I plug it in - it does not vary screen resolution. Did you have to physically search for fresh hardware or did it all work automatically?

I purchase an HDMI to DVI-D adapter plus am by means of an HDMI-HDMI cable as of the laptop to approach the DVI port in the Dell E1911c on my desktop. No successes It become aware of it once moreover then has unsuccessful from the time . disgrace really as it theoretically should just work. The screen works more than VGA from a new PC.

I'm starting to believe the HDMI output is a useless port. I'll almost certainly go the similar method other posters are going and pay no attention to it in favor of Mini-DP to VGA however even that seem to be fewer than perfect.

Nicholp Guest

I can confirm that my Dell XPS14z works with the Apple Mini Display / VGA connector. At around $30 from the apple shop, it was the cheapest and most compact solution.