Thread: Micro SD card is not working with Motorola defy

Micro SD card is not working with Motorola defy

In my Motorola defy mobile phone I am facing one problem. I have 8GB Micro SD card and it was working fine with my mobile phone. Suddenly It has started giving me problem. Now my Motorola defy is not detecting the Memory card in my mobile phone.

Is this problem is related with SD card or there is something to do with my mobile phone.

Re: Micro SD card is not working with Motorola defy

Well first thing I would like to tell you is did you check your SD card by removing from your Motorola defy and after that inserting the SD card back in your mobile phone again. If you have to not tried this then you should first turn off the Motorola defy and after that remove the SD card and then you have to insert the SD card again in your mobile phone and after inserting the SD card in your mobile phone again you have to start the Motorola defy and then check whether your SD card get detected or not. as far as I know after trying this your problem will get solved.

Well if you have tried the above solution and after that also if you are facing the same problem then you have to first check whether your SD card is working properly with other device or not. Insert your SD card in any other device and after that you have to see whether it get detected in that device or not. if it doesn’t get detected in other device also the it means problem is with the SD card only.

If your SD card works properly with other device then it means problem is with your Motorola defy only. First check this so that you can identify the exact problem.

According to me you should insert your SD card in the card reader and after that you have to connect the card with the computer and then take the backup of all the data and after taking the backup of all the data you have to format the memory card and after formatting the card transfer the data back to the SD card and then check whether problem get solved or not.

I am agree with the above solution. Many times by formatting the SD card this type of problem can get solved. in my mobile phone also I was facing the same problem and after that I have format the SD card and then my mobile phone has started recognizing the SD card again.

You should also try the same solution and then your problem will get solved.

I have already tired to solve this problem by formatting the SD card and after formatting the card when I put in to my Motorola defy at that time I get the same issue.

Now after that I have checked my SD card with other mobile phone and when I tried my SD card with other mobile phone at that time my SD card worked properly.

Is there any way to fix this issue?

You have mentioned that with other device your SD card is working fine and that is why I would like to tell you that problem is with the Motorola defy and you have to take the backup of all the data and after taking the backup of all the data you have to do factory reset in your mobile phone and after doing the factory reset your problem will get solved.

If you want to reset the mobile phone then you have to go to the setting and then select the privacy from the setting. Now in the privacy you have to select the Factory Data Reset. After selecting the Factory Data Reset you have to click on the reset phone. After that your Motorola defy will get reset.

if after resetting the device your problem will get solved then you have to restore all the data to your mobile phone.

If you have done restore factory setting and after that also problem is still there then I think problem is related to the memory slot of the Motorola defy. You should visit any repair shop and check your mobile phone there. I hope after repairing the device your problem will get solved.

Instead of visiting repairing shop you should visit the Motorola service center and there you have to discuss about the problem which you are facing and after that they will give you solution. I hope this information will be helpful to you.