Thread: Cannot use idea GPRS with Motorola Defy

Cannot use idea GPRS with Motorola Defy

Hello guys I have bought Motorola Defy mobile phone which I have android 2.2 installed. Service provider which I am using with my mobile phone is Idea. In my Motorola Defy I am not able to use the GPRS. I don’t know what is causing this issue? If anyone have any idea regarding this then please let me know. I don’t have much knowledge about the android phones.

Re: Cannot use idea GPRS with Motorola Defy

First thing you need to check is whether you have enable the Packet Data or not. if you have not enable the packet data in your mobile phone then you should first enable the packet data and after enabling the packet data you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. I think after enabling the Packet Data your problem will get solved.

Yes I will also suggest you the same if the packet data option is not enabled then you will not able to use the GPRS in your mobile phone. To enable the packet data option in your Motorola Defy you have to follow this procedure. First you have to go to the settings in your Motorola Defy and after going in to the setting in your Motorola Defy you have to select the Wireless and Networks. Now after selecting the Wireless and Networks you have to first select the Mobile Networks and then you have to select the mobile network setting and after selecting the mobile network setting you have to check whether packet data option is selected or not. if that option is not selected then you have to select that and after that try to use the GPRS and after that your problem will surly get solved.

If you are facing the same problem after trying the above solution also then let me know.

According to me you should first check whether all the access point setting and mobile network setting in your Motorola defy is proper or not. Many times due to improper setting also this type problem can take place.

I was also experiencing the same problem in my Motorola defy and I am also using idea service. To solve this problem I have called my service provider and then they have give me setting which is like

• In name you have to put Idea GPRS a
    • In APN you have to put imis
    • In proxy you have to put 10.4.42.45
    • In port you have to put 8080
    • User name and password will remain blank.
    • In Authentication you have to select the none.
    • In APN Protocol you have to select the IPv4

If after trying the above solution also if you are facing the same problem then you have to first remove all the setting from your mobile phone and after that you have to turn off the phone and then you have to start the Motorola Defy mobile phone again and after that you have to set all the setting again and after doing all the setting again your problem might get solved.

I have first checked about the packet data option and it was not enabled and after that I have enable the packet data option and after enabling the packet data option also I was facing the same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by doing all the setting manually and after doing all the setting manually when I tried to use the GPRS in my mobile phone at that time also I get the same problem. Now please tell me what I should do to use the GPRS in my mobile phone.

If anyone has solution then please let me know.

You should first turn off your Motorola Defy mobile phone and after that you have to remove the SIM card from your Motorola Defy. Now after removing the SIM card from your Motorola Defy you have to insert SIM card from any other service provider and after inserting any other SIM card you have to start the mobile phone and then you have to check whether you are able to use the GPRS or not. if you are able to use the GPRS with other SIM card then I think problem is with your Idea setting or SIM card.

If you get the same problem with other SIM card also then I think there might be problem with your Motorola Defy mobile phone.

According to me problem is with your Motorola Defy and to solve this problem you have to reset the Motorola Defy and after resetting the Motorola Defy you should try to use the GPRS and at that time you will not get the same problem.

If you don’t know about how to do factory reset in your Motorola Defy then you have to follow this steps. First you have to open the application tray. Now after opening the application tray you have to tap on the setting option and after selecting the setting you have to scroll down the option and then you have to select the privacy and after selecting the privacy. Now you should tap on the Factory Data Reset. Now after that you have to tap on the Reset Phone.

I hope after resetting the device your problem will get solved.

You should also check for the update from your mobile phone? If there is any update from your mobile phone is available then you have to update your defy and after updating the defy you problem might get solved. I am telling you this because updating the device can fix many issues.

If with other SIM card same problem is occurring in your device then you should called the Motorola support or visit the Motorola service center and then you have to tell them your problem and then they will fix your issue. I think after that your problem will get solved.

Reply to your complaint

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. May we request you to reply to us with your complete account details such as Full name, mobile number, and the type of Inconvenience you are facing. Also mention the token ID 205IC121337 in the subject.

Regards,
    Idea Cellular

Try to add the APN manually in the phone settings. I think this might help you. Activate your internet plan and enter the settings > wifi & network. Check the settings and add a apn. The settings can be found easily on this forum based on the network provider you have. One of similar thread is linked below. If still manual settings do not work, then try to check the sim in any other mobile phone. There can be a hardware fault with Motorola Defy.

Free gprs settings for idea, hutch, airtel, bsnl, airtel live, airtel mobile configure manually

Contact the customer care about the phone issue. Ask them the phone compatibility with gprs settings. They might give you the right configuration for your phone. GPRS does not work because of connectivity failure. They are not activated or your phones settings are not proper. Check in Settings > Network and verify what you have there. You can find the manual configuration on that and add each and everything manually.