Thread: nandroid and ROM on the Motorola defy

nandroid and ROM on the Motorola defy

As I am using the Motorola defy smartphone but what I want to know is the procedure for installing the namdroid and how to take the backup to it. And I also want to know how to install the custom ROM in the defy. if anyone providing me the procedure for this will help to do the installing in the Motorola defy phone.

Re: nandroid and ROM on the Motorola defy

Yeah even I want to know the procedure for the installing the nandroid to my phone. As I had searched for this all over the net but hardly could find the procedure for this. So I hope here I could get the perfect procedure for this.

Before anyone explain the procedure. I want to know what exactly does the nandroid mean. As I am new to this kind a term so apology for asking you such kind of question. But I want to know what is nandroid and for what purpose the nandroid used for and where could I get this app. Please anyone before going through the procedure just clear out my doubts. As it will be helpful to me.

Before going through this let me tell you that there is no app or program called the nandroid or you cannot install the nandroid . actually nandroid is nothing but the entire backup for your phone. So you have to remember there is no such app called the nandroid.

So now the procedure for creating the nandroid for your phone. As there are two methods for doing this. From this I would tell you one as it is mostly used by all.

Steps:-

• Download the app called 2ndinit from the android market
    • Mnow install the app and run the app by switching ON USB debugging
    • Just go to the Settings>Applications==>Development==>Android Debugging
    • Now open the 2ndinit and install the stable
    • After doing this wait till the LED turn green and now restart the phone ands restart the phone again after it restarts.
    • Now again you have to restart the phone and this time you have to press the volume down key when you see the blue light of the LED on.
    • Now use the volume key to toggle up and down as you are in the recovery menu.
    • After that select the recovery and from this opt for the stable recovery.
    • Now choose the backup and restore
    • Now opt for the backup.
    • After doing this have patience and you will have nandroid backup for your phone.

I tried doing this with my Motorola defy phone but what I found out is that after going to certain level the phone hangs and due to this unable to progress in the phone.

See as you told that you are having problems with the phone after going to certain level. So for this I would like to suggest you that you should try restarting the phone and see that whether you are able to go through the procedure without hanging up your phone. I guess this time it works for you without having further problem.