Thread: Motorola Software Updater wont detect Motorola defy+

Motorola Software Updater wont detect Motorola defy+

HI, I am having Motorola defy+ and was about to install the latest firmware on the mobile but don’t know what could be the problem with the phone as whenever I was trying to get it connected the Motorola software update software was not able to get it detected. I have tried almost each and everything known to me but still didn’t got what could be the exact problem, is there anybody having same problem or I am the only victim? Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Motorola Software Updater wont detect Motorola defy+

you should make sure whether the data cable that you are making use for connecting the device is working perfectly or not, see this couldn’t be the actual reason for the same but still it is not that negligible. I have seen many people with the same problem, as the connector on their either phone or on the data cable gets loose and because of that they can’t connect their phone, in fact sometimes it happens as the phone shows it is connected though it isn’t actually.

Though I am agree with the above user but still you should also make sure whether the utility that you are using in order to update the firmware is also working perfectly or not, because if there could be some problem with that software itself then you’ll not get the mobile been connected, thus according to me you should try to reinstall that software again in your machine and then see what happens.

And if possible then you should not try to get it reinstalled through the same setup from where you have installed it previously, rather you should try to download it again from the Motorola’s official website.

Make sure the firmware on the phone is also working perfectly or else you’ll surely get problem connecting the phone with the machine. I was also having the same problem but after resetting the firmware each and everything was perfectly working and the phone was able to detect to the machine perfectly. But after that you should also make sure whether the USB port through which you are about to connect the phone is also working perfectly or not, you can simply make use of another port as well, in fact make sure whether they are enabled from the device manager and then mentioned it again over here.

why don’t you get the firmware updated from the service center rather than doing it on your own.