Thread: GPS doesn't work on Motorola Defy plus

GPS doesn't work on Motorola Defy plus

Motorola has announced the Latest touch screen mobile Motorola DEFY Plus that comes with awesome features. The 1GHz processor of Defy+ runs 25% faster than the previous Defy processor. Its features are Android 2.3 (Gingerbread); 1GHz CPU Processor; 3.7” inch Multi-Touch Display with 480×800 pixel resolutions. Hence I buy this smartphone in last week. Now I come here because I can’t able to use GPS that is Global Positioning System software onto this mobile phone. it doesn’t appear onto the mobile screen as well as not getting any signal or active satellites. I hope few users who buy this mobile phone should know about it. Please help me to fix this issue. Thanks for any help.

Re: GPS doesn't work on Motorola Defy plus

GPS allows you to create and publish GPS trips together with a trace, photos and interesting points, as well as free downloads. If your mobile phone doesn’t show any GPS application working indications, then I think this software is still not installed onto it. In that case, you need to install it with the help of the android market. You need to check that software on android market and then download and install into it. Then check what result arrives onto it.

There's also a program called GPS Status help to you for solving your problem. GPS Status displays the information received from the phone's GPS receiver and other sensors. Hence after installation of the GPS software, you need to take help of the GPS Status & toolbox to identify that this will be indicate status of the software indicated that it working with google maps or not. This is helpful to you for solving your complicated problem.

You need to try the GPS in as different location and check what status or signal appears onto it. if it gives any problem, then I would suggest to replace this mobile phone and get another one. I think your mobile phone is in warranty period. Hence this is better option for you.

The Motorola DEFY is the newest Motorola Android device announced for T-Mobile USA. Motorola DEFY+ is faster than ever, keeping up with your on-the-go lifestyles so you can effortlessly browse the Web. I also buy this mobile phone and that time, when I try to access GPS onto it, the same type of problem arrives onto it. The app has an option to delete the GPS cache and download new GPS assistance data which took less than a second. I used it with the help of gps doctor and then pulled the battery. It works in my Motorola Defy plus smartphone. You can also try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto it. Hope you got positive reply onto this issue.

You can also try to open the "manage applications" then select Maps and uninstall all updates. Also you need to clear the cache of this application and its mobile phone. Reboot mobile phone with removing battery. After reboot process, you need to install this software onto your mobile phone. This will be work to fix such trouble. Google maps update also work in that situation but if any query, contact the official site expert person. They have experience about it. They surely help to you for solving your query.