Thread: Will a Motorola Droid Pro with "bad ESN", that we see on ebay work in Europe?

Will a Motorola Droid Pro with "bad ESN", that we see on ebay work in Europe?

My question is related to Bad ESN. I want to ask you all that phones with bad ESN work in Europe? As I understand it, ESN is the just utilized in the US when the phone is utilized in Europe it utilizes a unexpected reception apparatus and makes utilize of the IMEI code. So in theory it needs to work offbeat systems. Anyhow I lack the capacity to appear to spot any individual who can affirm this without a shadow of mistrust. Moreover I feel the need to know depending on if it could be a situation or not?

re: Will a Moto Droid Pro with "bad ESN", that we see on ebay work in Europe?

In the event that we're pointing to the Droid Pro or whatever possible worldwide Verizon phone, the disagreeable ESN is just "unfavorable" on Verizon's network. Verizon doesn't share its ESN info to different bearers far and wide, so there could be no route for them to know the phone has a grave ESN on Verizon. Individuals have been ready to utilize Verizon phones with a regretful ESN on Page Plus without any issues. Forasmuch as I've never attempted to utilize a worldwide Verizon mechanism with a unfavorable ESN abroad with a nearby SIM card I could not express 100% beyond any doubt, but legitimacy could create one to collect that with the expectation that the SIM space is unlocked (on the grounds that they come bolted to the Verizon/Vodafone SIM card the phones deliver with), it ought to work actually fine on alternate GSM bearers that have backed groups (which is essentially every living soul around the world except AT&T and T-Mobile in the US).

I hold the Droid Pro with a disagreeable ESN works fine in GSM networks. It additionally flashed CDMA module under local CDMA operator. EVDO works fine.

Does a unfavorable ESN indispensably mean that the phone was stolen? I unfailingly collected that could be the just explanation why a phone could have a disagreeable ESN. Likewise, in the event that I buy a different phone and would like to advertise my Droid, does my droid genius have a "clean" ESN?

Stolen is one probability. A different conceivability is that the individual who claimed the phone didn't pay their bills, so the ESN of their phone was hailed. Collecting you don't have anything exceptional on your record, your Droid Pro's ESN could be spotless and clear for another person to enact whenever you activate a different phone on that line.

I'm in a position where I would be able to do with some guidance around acquiring a Droid Pro from the States. I have several alternatives, and I'm battling to spot any complete strings that permit me to purchase with trust utilizing the first two choices: I have requested from the vender what the explanation is the regretful ESN (He'll without a doubt mislead me, but anyhow I have it in composing!) and in case he will affirm a dividend provided that it won't go with a UK SIM. The outline is from what I've perused on here, it will work fine in the UK but I'm buggered assuming that I ever dare to the USA. Reasonable enough I suppose.

You shouldn't look for to have the capacity to benefit a phone with a regretful ESN. They're consistently sold "as is" on account of the way that it has a grave ESN. Be that as it may yes, it ought to work in the UK unequivocally fine. There's no explanation that it wouldn't. As far as venturing to the USA, even if it didn't have a bad ESN, you still wouldn't be able to use it in the USA. The GSM groups for AT&T and T-Mobile are secured out the USA, even if you're attempting to meander on a unfamiliar SIM. The just idea to utilize a Droid Pro in the USA (short of paying a great lump of alteration to Team Black Hat to flash the phone and unlock the GSM groups) is through Verizon, and you'd need to have a record with them to utilize it.

I could say the bad ESN if attempting to resell it, if just for the likely quite dicey truth of the matter that someone may would like to wind up attempting to actuate it on Verizon. Yet obviously, the ESN is just unfavorable for Verizon and no different carrier. You would be able to additionally look around and attempt to identify a utilized, unlocked Pro. I attempted to push my unlocked Pro a month or thereabouts in the past and can't move it here or on whatever available gathering, even at $200 US. Be that as it may, I'm happy I didn't wind up offering it in light of the fact that I didn't nurture the Droid 3 and was aching for my Droid Pro again.

I have headed off over to the USA with a GSM just phone and it worked fine. Obviously, I'm never looking for these things to work when going State-side, but enjoyably astonished when they do. Sorry I could not recall what phone it was that I took over there however.

Ordinarily GSM phones will work in the USA. Yet with Verizon gadgets, its diverse (or I might as well declare with some Verizon mechanisms). Verizon doesn't have some devices with a GSM radio after they're a CDMA network. The few mechanisms they do have with a GSM radio are promoted as worldwide mechanisms, and the GSM radio is outlined to be utilized outside of the US. Verizon doesn't need individuals utilizing their devices (that they pay to move only in the USA) on different networks within the USA. In this way, they bolt out the groups for the several GSM suppliers in the USA-AT&T and T-Mobile. Unless you live out the immoderate methodology of having those groups unlocked (which could not venture to be finished with each phone), the phones will ordinarily just take on Verizon in the USA. To have it go with Verizon, it could need to be actuated on their CDMA network. With a Verizon marked phone that obviously cannot happen unless you're a Verizon client and it unquestionably cannot happen for a phone with a grave ESN.

Ordinarily unlocked GSM devices will work actually fine in the USA, but Verizon units are a contrasting story the majority of the time (there are a few Verizon worldwide mechanisms that work in the USA, but the Droid Pro is not one of them).