Thread: Dell Webcam Central does not detect webcam in Dell Inspiron 15

Dell Webcam Central does not detect webcam in Dell Inspiron 15

In my Dell Inspiron 15 I am facing problem with the webcam. The problem is I have recently doe windows update in my laptop and after doing the windows update when I restart the laptop from that time whenever I open the Dell Webcam Central at that time it says there's no webcam attached to the computer. Now please let me know what should I do to solve this issue.

Re: Dell Webcam Central does not detect webcam in Dell Inspiron 15

I have gone though the problem which you are facing in your laptop and after going though your problem first thing I would like to tell you is to try to solve this problem by doing system restore in your laptop and after doing the system restore in your laptop your problem will get solved easily.

If you don’t know about how to do system restore in your Dell Inspiron 15 laptop then I will help you with this. To do the system restore in your Dell Inspiron 15 laptop you have to first open the start menu and after that you have to click on the accessories and after clicking on the accessories you have to click on the system tools. Now after selecting the system tools you have to select the system restore option. Now you have to check whether you have created any system point or not. If it shows system restore point then select that and start doing the system restore and after system restore process your laptop will get restart and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

I think by doing the system restore your problem will get solved.

By doing the system restore also if same problem remains then I think you should try to solve this problem by uninstalling the Dell Webcam Central from your laptop and after that you have to restart your Dell inspiron laptop and then you have to install the Dell Webcam Central again and after that your problem will get solved.

Well according to me you should first go to the official site of the Dell and then you have to search your laptop by and after that you have to select the operating system which is installed in your laptop and after selecting the operating system you have to check whether there is any update available for the Dell Webcam Central or not. If you there is new version of the Dell Webcam Central available then you have to download that and then uninstall the old version and after that install the new version.

Now after installing the new version you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

I have searched the solution on the internet and after that I have come to know that many users who are using this laptop are facing the same problem after doing the windows update. The solution is if you start the Dell Webcam Central and after that if you connect any USB device like USB mouse and after that system will automatically start the webcam and it will get detected by the Dell Webcam Central also. I think you should also try this solution and after hat let me know whether it makes any difference or not.

I think this trick will fix your issue.

I have read your given solution and after referring that I have first tried to solve this problem by doing the system restore which does nothing.

Now after that I have already tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the Dell Webcam Central in my laptop and after reinstalling that also same problem occurred again.

Now after that I have plugged USB device with my laptop but after that also problem doesn’t get solved. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this issue.

In your problem you have mentioned that after updating the windows you are experiencing this problem and I think while installing the windows update in your laptop something went wrong. You should try to solve this issue by repairing the operating system in your Dell Inspiron 15 laptop. First you have to insert the operating system CD in your Dell Inspiron 15 and after that you have to restart the laptop and then you have to select the repair option and after that it will repair your operating system and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

If you are facing the same problem after repairing the windows then you have to take the backup of all the data from your hard drive and then you have to install the fresh copy of windows in your laptop and then you have to insert the drivers CD in your laptop and then install the all required things.