Thread: Unable to start Bluetooth in Dell Inspiron 1720

Unable to start Bluetooth in Dell Inspiron 1720

Hello friends I have purchased Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop and this laptop is very nice and I have windows 7 operating system in my laptop. Now problem is whenever I try to turn on the Bluetooth in my laptop at that time it does nothing. Now please tell me what should I do start the Bluetooth in my laptop.

Re: Unable to start Bluetooth in Dell Inspiron 1720

I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that in your laptop you can turn on the Bluetooth by pressing the Fn+F2 key. If you have not tried to turn on the Bluetooth by pressing Fn+F2 key then you should first try this solution and after that check whether it makes any difference or not.

If you have already tried to turn on the Bluetooth by pressing the Fn+F2 key and after that also if you are facing the same problem then you have to check on the system tray and see whether there is any icon related to the Bluetooth or not. If you find Bluetooth icon there then you should try to turn on the Bluetooth from there and after that check whether your problem get solved or not.

Try above tricks and after that your problem might get solved. If you need any more help then let me know.

You have to first check in the device manger whether Bluetooth device is listed there or not. If Bluetooth device is not listed there then it means you need to install the drivers in your laptop and after installing the Bluetooth drivers in your laptop your problem will get solved.

Yes I will also suggest you the same solution. If you have not installed the Bluetooth drivers in your laptop then you will not able to use the Bluetooth in your laptop. First you have to insert the driver CD in your laptop which comes with your laptop and after inserting the driver CD in your laptop you have to install the Bluetooth drivers and after installing the Bluetooth drivers you have to restart your Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop and after installing the Bluetooth drivers you have to check whether you are able to turn on the Bluetooth or not.

As far as I know after installing the Bluetooth drivers your problem will get solved. If are still facing the same problem after trying above solution then let me know.

If Bluetooth device is listed in the device manger and after that also if you are facing the same problem then you have to right click on the Bluetooth device from the device manger and then you have to click on the update driver and after updating the driver you have to check whether same problem is coming or not. I think after trying this problem will get solved.

Have you checked on the internet for the driver update of Bluetooth? If you have not checked on the internet then you should first go to the official site of the Dell and the you have to check whether there is any driver update available or not. If you find any update then you have to download the updated drivers and after downloading that you have to uninstall the drivers which are already installed and then restart the laptop. Now after restarting the laptop you have to install the new drivers and see whether it makes any difference or not.

According to me you should first go in to the BIOS setting and you have to check there whether Bluetooth device is enabled there or not. If it is not enabled there then that is the reason why you are facing this problem. First check this in your laptop and then let me know.

Thank you guys for helping me. After referring your post I have first tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the Bluetooth drivers in my laptop and after reinstalling the drivers also same problem occurs. Now after that I have also tried to fix this issue by updating the drivers but that that doesn’t helped me to solve this issue. I have already checked the BIOS setting and Bluetooth is enabled there. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue.

Is there anything wrong with the hardware or something else is causing this problem.

It looks like problem is with the laptop hardware. According to me you should visit the Dell service center and after that you have to tell them about your Bluetooth issue and after that they will check your laptop and give you proper solution. I hope your problem will get solved as soon as possible.

Before you visit the Dell service center I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by doing system restore in your Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop and after doing the system restore in your laptop your problem might get solved. If you get the same problem after doing the system restore then try to fix this issue by repairing the operating system.