Thread: stuttering audio in Dell XPS L502X

stuttering audio in Dell XPS L502X

Hello friends I am using Dell XPS L502X laptop from last some moths and I have windows 7 operating system in my laptop. Now I am experiencing one problem in my mobile phone from last some days. In my laptop I am getting Stuttering audio. What should I do to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Re: stuttering audio in Dell XPS L502X

First thing you need to check is the sound setting. Go to the control panel and after that you have to open the sound setting and you have to check whether all the setting is proper or not. I am telling you this because sometime wrong setting can also occurs this type of issue.

If you have checked the setting already and all the setting are proper then I think there might be problem with the sound drivers in your laptop and according to me you have to first uninstall the sound drivers from your Dell XPS L502X laptop and after removing the sound drivers from your Dell XPS L502X laptop you have to restart the laptop. Now after restarting the laptop you have to insert the driver CD in your laptop and after inserting the CD in your laptop you have to install the sound drivers again in your laptop and after installing the sound drivers again in your laptop you have to check whether you are still getting the stuttering sound or not.

As far as I know after reinstalling the sound drivers in your Dell XPS L502X laptop you will not get the same problem again.

If reinstalling the sound drivers does not help you to fix this issue then you have to check on the internet whether there is any update for the sound drivers Is available or not. If you find the updates then you have to download that in your laptop and after that you have to update the sound drivers and after updating the sound drivers you have to see whether it makes any difference or not.

If you want to download the updated sound drivers for your Dell XPS L502X laptop then you can to download drivers by clicking here DOWNLOAD. Now after downloading that you have to update the drivers and then check what the result is.

Sometimes this problem can take place if any of the core is turned off in your laptop and to get rid of this problem you have to turn on the core and after doing that your problem will get solved. I am giving you this solution because after referring your problem I have tried to search the solution on the internet and after that I have come to know this solution.

Try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

If you want to turn on the core in your laptop then you have to follow this procedure.
    • First you have to open the system configuration utility by typing MSCONFIG in start menu search box and then pressing enter key.
    • After that you have to click on the boot tab.
    • Now you have to select the advance option.
    • After selecting the advance option you need to select the Check on Number of Processors.
    • Then choose the Processor that you want to activate.
    • Now click on OK.
    • After that you have to restart the laptop and then your problem might get solved.

I have first tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the sound drivers in my Dell XPS L502X and after reinstalling the sound drivers in my laptop also I was facing the same problem again and again.

Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by updating the sound drivers with no luck.

I have also turn on all the cores in my laptop but that doesn’t helped to solve this problem.

Is there any other way to fix this issue then please let me know?

Well I have solution to fix this issue. I was also facing the same problem with my laptop and after that I have tried to fix this issue by trying so many solutions but after that also I was not able to fix this issue. Now after that I have come to know that by updating the BIOS in my laptop I can fix this type of issue. Now after that I have downloaded the latest BIOS from the official site of the Dell and after that I have update the BIOS in my laptop. Now after updating the BIOS in my laptop all the things started working normally.

I think you should also download the latest BIOS from the internet for your laptop and after that you have to update the BIOS and then your problem will get solved.

According to me you need to first check whether you are facing the same problem after inserting the headphone also or you are facing this problem while listening the sound from laptop speaker only. Insert any headphone in your laptop and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. If you get the same problem after that then there might be problem with the sound chip on motherboard and if you don’t get the same problem then it is your laptop speaker which needs to be repaired.

I will suggest you to Visit the Dell service center and after that you have to mention your problem there and then they will check your laptop and let you know about the exact issue and gives you the solution. If they find major issue with your laptop then you might get replacement also.

Well after looking at your replies I have download the latest BIOS update file and after that I have done BIOS update in my laptop with the help of that file and after updating the BIOS in my laptop all the things started working fine. Thank you for helping me.