Thread: Localization Bug in LG Optimus 2X P990

Localization Bug in LG Optimus 2X P990

I would like to report a bug within Android version 2.2.2 and within the leaked 2.3.4 intended for the P990 (LG Optimus 2X). This bug has been there from the time when the mobile phone was released, and is an actual hurting for users. When you choose Norwegian Language, the inner language code gets sets toward "no". This is actually the country-code, not language-code! The proper language-code is "nb". This makes each and every one Google apps *as well as* downloaded apps turn up in English. We can go around it by the use of an app in order to set the language toward "nb", except afterward every one of menus plus apps by LG will be English. There is no way to obtain together simultaneously.

Re: Localization Bug in LG Optimus 2X P990

You go to Settings (by clicking on the home page on the arrow button or directly emphasized on the icon settings). Then locale and language and region.

But you get what appears, at least. And as I said before, I have really no problems with English. I find it rather unfortunate that Amazon discontinues the shop-language based on the system language and not using data from the Amazon account. The app recognizes, too, that I may not buy in the UK store. Then they should be able to also set the right shop.

Android 2.3.6 is mainly close some security holes, but gave Google is not known to what vulnerabilities it is. Moreover, the language may have been improved search function, which is confirmed by some users, others may find the search continues, however flawed. Google so far there is neither an opinion on the problems, nor an official announcement about Android 2.3.6. This should be clear that there is a bug and not an intentional feature

Do we really have a thread for it? There is already an extensive thread about Android OS bug, which also come in the latest firmware adequately addressed. For mobile phones, if you do not have the fonts installed on your android adhoc, it makes sense that he finds nothing, and these characters utf-8 corresponding to the Arabic language can be interpreted. For you to extend your android so that it has the support of the Arabic language in its web facilities.