Thread: Huawei U9000 Ideos X6 recovery of Clockworkmod v5

Huawei U9000 Ideos X6 recovery of Clockworkmod v5

As I am using the huawei U9000 ideos X6 phone. I want to know some of the things regarding the CWM in the phone. How can I get recovery of Clockworkmod v5 for huawei ideos X6 and I want to kanow each and every detail of it. So if anyone having the proper knowledge about this, then do share the same with me. As I am really seeking for this for my huawei ideos X6.

Re: Huawei U9000 Ideos X6 recovery of Clockworkmod v5

Let me tell you first the CWM (Clockworkmode) recovery is used to do the custom recovery for any android phones and also for the tablets. The CWM allows you to do many things in your android phones such as installation, restoring and maintaining on the android device which was not possible to do with the stock recovery. And if you want to know more then you can find it through the google.

So I want to know what else it does and wheather is it possible to do in my huawei ideos X6 as I am using this phone.

See as it is told you can use CWM recovery in any of the android phones and tablets. So I think it is clear that you can use CWM recovery if you are having android device. Now you want to know whether it work for the Huawei U9000 Ideos X6, then let me tell you that Huawei U9000 Ideos X6 works on the android 2.2 and you can use CWM for your phone. I will have the same answer as it explained above, using the CWM will help you do custom recoveries of your choice and almost whatever custom ROM which is installed in the device uses the same to do the recovery.

Here are some of the details which I think help you out.

• Restoring Back
    • Backup
    • Recovery support for ADB
    • Install From Zip
    • Mounting sd card as USB storage device from recovery

There are some requirements which I think you should look for

• CherryMobile Magnum, Wellcomm A99, Spice CSL Mi 410etc. for which there should be any ROM installed or rooted.
    • Require USB data cable.

How can be installed or how does it work for the android phone. As I am using the Huawei U9000 Ideos X6 I want to know what is the exact procedure for CWM as it help to do some customization for my phone.

As you told that you want to know the procedure for the installation for the Huawei U9000 Ideos X6. And you can do customizing in your phone as your device runs on the android 2.2 OS. So for using this try doing this as follow :

• First try copying the CWM recovery v5 to your SD card.
    • Now when you have done with your copying then try to boot into the recovery.
    • For this you have to use install zip which you copied in the SD card.
    • Browse and select the CWM recovery v5 for installation from your card.
    • After finishing with the installation reboot this into your advanced recovery.

And you can also do this by using the ADB and USB: -

For ADB

• Now you can connect to the PC if your phone is running.

For USB

• Now using the CWM recovery v5.zip extract the recovery from the .img
    • For doing this you have to turn off your phone and press the volume keys up for a second before pressing the power switch.
    • Now connect the USB to PC with your phone.
    • After doing this inside folder image replace the file recovery .img
    • See that you have copied the file properly and then remove the USB safely.
    • After you have finished with this remove your phone battery and switch off and then start the phone again.

I having some problem with the phone. The problem is that I cant mount the SD card of my phone for the recovery. I cannot get the ADB devices detected. I want to that the reason behind the not detecting of the ADB device is am I doing some wrong or my phone persist some problem.

I have found out some of the things that don’t work well with the our device. But still I am not sure so I request you to check it out yourself whether you have the same issue with your phone. While doing this I found out that .

o For backup our device supports the tar format.
    o Zip installation support from SD card is available for the few device and our device does not support this.
    o You will noticed that there are few changes in the backup and recovery.
    o And also some changes found in the file of recovery log.

I have checked with my device and found out that the backup works fine and it supports the tar format. The restore and format works nice on our phone. And there are not much difference found in the functionality of the phone.