Thread: Microphone not working in HTC sensation XE

Microphone not working in HTC sensation XE

Hi, I am having this HTC sensation XE and everything works perfectly but still when it comes to microphone, it is not working with the phone whenever I connect it. I can hear anything on the phone whenever I connect it with the mobile.

Is there anybody here having same problem with their phone, or I am the only victim? Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated

Re: Microphone not working in HTC sensation XE

how can you say that there is some problem with the phone you are having because there could be so many reasons associated with such causes, thus over here it would be better to check each and everything you have. Anyways have you ever tested the microphone that you are using? Have you ever tried connecting those microphone with another mobile? Because see if they are working with other phone that means there isn’t any problem with the microphone rather you should test the phone over here. You can have another option as well like have you ever tried another microphone, if not then I would like to suggest you that you should try to do that first

I am agree with the above user as you should try to connect another microphone, but along with that as the phone comprises 3.5mm jack you should try to connect any external speaker to the phone so that you can figure out whether there is some problem with the port or not. And off course make sure the phone is not muted. along with that you can try selecting another file from your phone, because it might be possible that the file that you are trying to play could be corrupted.

I am agree with the above user as you should try to connect another microphone, but along with that as the phone comprises 3.5mm jack you should try to connect any external speaker to the phone so that you can figure out whether there is some problem with the port or not.
    so you mean to say there could be some problem with the phone, so how do I test it? Because I believe that the 3.5mm jack is also working perfectly.
    But the worst thing over here is like I have tried the same microphone with another mobile and they works perfectly the way I have expected but not with this phone. any more suggestion left?

- see it might be possible that the microphone you are having is not compatible with the phone you are having, because see it might be possible, I am having Nokia X3-02 and the earphone I have gotten with the phone is been only used with the phone and nowhere else though it is of 3.5mm jack. Thus make sure whether the microphone that you are using is compatible with your phone.

But if suppose still you are pursuing the same problem that means you should try to reset the firmware of the phone and then see whether are you getting any problem or not, because after resetting the firmware only the factory data will kept in the phone and everything will be wiped out.

Why don’t you visit the service center for the same, because if the microphone is of phone only then you will get replacement for the same without paying any cost for that particular accessory.