Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WIFI not working in HTC sensation XE

WIFI not working in HTC sensation XE

Hi, I am having HTC sensation XE in which i think gingerbread is running but still the problem that I am having with the phone is like I am not able to get it connected with the wireless router I uses in my home, as I was Just keeps trying to connect and it was disconnecting again and again. Any idea what could be the problem?

Is there anybody over here having similar problem with the same phone? Please let me know how do I get It connected? Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: WIFI not working in HTC sensation XE

see after seeing the mentioned query I am just not getting what could be the exact problem but still can you please let me know some of the symptoms of the same? You are unable to connect to a WiFi network encrypted in WPA, even though it is listed? If this could be the problem then I would like to suggest you that try to set the channel No. 10. And Disable automatic channel from the console of your wireless management of other Wi-Fi router.

and let me know have you ever tried to connect any other device with the router, are the getting connected? If so then I would say there could be some problem with the device you are using or else with the router.

In fact It would be better if you specify some exact symptoms that you are having so that I can understand the problems properly and give some proper assistance.

first you should make sure whether the setting on your device that you have made for getting It connected with the router Is perfectly made or not or else whatever you do, it would be next to worthless. In addition, off course not only with the device rather you should check the settings at other end as well that’s in the router.

For the router I can suggest that you can make settings through the manual given to you with the router whereas as far as mobile is concern you should try to get the settings from the internet rather it would be better if you make It default and let It connect with the router.

you should take care of device’s distance from the router because I have seen many people having problem with connecting the device because of the minimum distance that they have to maintain, thus make sure your device is quite nearer to the router and also make sure there isn’t any obstacle in between or else again you may get problem connecting the device.

have you ever tried resetting the firmware of your mobile?

Because see it might be possible that the firmware which is installed in your mobile might have been corrupted thus according to me you should try resetting the firmware once so that you can have idea whether there is some problem with the phones hardware or with the firmware.

I hope you might be aware about the procedure but still I would like to recommend you that when it comes to resetting the data, which is stored in your mobile, will be always wiped out during this process thus It would be better if you make a back up copy of important data such as your contacts, notes, etc to any other device.

are you sure that the standard you have set in your device matches to the routers standard, anyways let me tell you about the same as there are certain standards that you might heard about such as Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, over here you should check whether your router supports either B or G or N ? and then according to that try to connect the device again.

I think you should try to change the WEP key that you must be entering during the connection, by the way which kind of connection you are using? Whether it is WPA or WEP?

You should always know that which settings your router supports and which one you phone, then only you’ll be able to get it connected. Thus if you are using WEP then you can try with the WPA and vice versa.

Though I am agreeing with the above user as you should try to get the firmware reset in the your phone but still I don’t think it will going to get you help anyway, because the firmware installed in your mobile is majorly corrupted and according to me it would be better to reinstall the whole firmware in the phone rather than just getting it reset.

No doubt you should always first try with the firmware resetting but with another option you can reinstall the firmware as well, and here also better would be to get the firmware installed from the service center.

see I believe that as far as warranty period is remaining I would always recommend you guys one thing as you should visit the service center and get the service from there only rather than applying solution on your own. Because it might be possible that after doing that you may get another problem with the device and which may be consider as mistreatment with the phone and you may not claimed warranty even rather you must have to pay them. Thus always remember one thin as like you should visit the service center only if warranty period is remaining for the device, and after all you are getting benefitted from there for sure as you don’t have to pay them and all the services will be free in case of replacement as well.

I think you should try to get the router firmware reset and then see what happens, because I am sure as there isn’t any problem with the phone rather router is the only culprit. You can make use of manual given to you with the router in order to reset the firmware of the product.

I was also thinking about the same but still I have reset that firmware as well along with the mobile but still no change, rather other device can easily get connected with the router that simply means there could be some problem with the phone itself, in fact it seems like not with the firmware rather with the hardware, it might be possible that the WIFI port might not be working the way we are expecting. Thus I quite agree with the above user as it would be better if I visit the service center and get an replacement for the phone. Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Hilda, were you able to find a solution to the problem? My friend just got an XE and is facing the same issue. We tried connecting the phone to the office wifi but it would keep disconnecting as soon as it connects and then would repeat the same process over and over again. Whereas, my Desire HD and all other phones would connect with no issue. Is it a hardware related problem? Should I take it to a service centre? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhinav Bhatt View Post
    Hi Hilda, were you able to find a solution to the problem? My friend just got an XE and is facing the same issue. We tried connecting the phone to the office wifi but it would keep disconnecting as soon as it connects and then would repeat the same process over and over again. Whereas, my Desire HD and all other phones would connect with no issue. Is it a hardware related problem? Should I take it to a service centre? Thanks.
    Yes, it seems to me that it is a hardware problem, was the wifi of HTC sensation XE working fine ever before? If not, then you should better take it to the service centre and ask for a replacement because if it is under warranty then you will get another device in replacement for free. Hope that helps.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

No, that was the first and only time we tried connecting the phone to wifi. Will have to take it to the service centre considering there are other problems cropping up as well: The phone is overheating during calls, and the call quality is dropping badly at times, in fact, it is even losing network. I am aware of the deathgrip issue with the Sensation, but this is happening even when the phone is being held from its edges. Is this a common problem with this phone?

Thanks for the response.
    Last edited by Abhinav Bhatt; 18-02-2012 at 02:12 AM.

Abhinav Bhatt,

The phone is very defective to be said, by looking at the problems that it has got which you have posted. If I were at your place i would have yelled at the shop keeper and humiliated him in front of all his customers for giving such a garbage phone, we pay for things which we expect to work but even a single part of it isnt working then what is the meaning of purchasing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast