Thread: Application for using GPS or maps without Wi-Fi in Samsung Galaxy R

Application for using GPS or maps without Wi-Fi in Samsung Galaxy R

Hey all, I am here to know about the some of the application for the new Samsung galaxy R to use navigation without Wi-Fi. I am asking you about this because, my friend is using navigation without Wi-Fi or data connection using his Samsung jet. For that reason I am also thinking to do so. But I am not having the much knowledge about this and hope that here someone will really help me to tell me about my requirement. And I you are having the suggestion about this then please reply me back about this.

Re: Application for using GPS or maps without Wi-Fi in Samsung Galaxy R

Yes friend, I am having such type of the apps, but this will depend on your location. And this all are as:
    • Papago.
    • iGO.
    • Navdroid.
    • NDrive.
    • CoPilot.

Try with this all, I am sure that you will get you’re an application out of them.

I am sure that, GPS is possible without Wi-Fi /3G data connection. And in your cause, I think that you want to use the turn-by-turn navigation without an active data connection. I think that people uses the GPS navigation only when they are in the unfamiliar areas and at that time this frequently means exclusive data roaming charges or no data experience at all. And if maps are loaded onto the device then all you require is a GPS signal Just like all the moveable GPS devices you can use in your car on your tricycle.

If you are thinking to get such type of the standard map then you can also get this by getting it on the cache setting and checking prefect map on mobile, I am telling you this because, by doing this you don’t need to connect to any network Wi-Fi or data just the map on your mobile will do. Try with this, I am sure that this will help in your case.

Yeah, I would also like this too. I like this one because, for getting some details information about the place I have to sue the data planes and which are little bit costly. So I think that if there will be some of the apps which can help to do the getting the information about the place or ]to get the location then this will be very nice to have.

I will say that Turn-by-turn will work without data coverage, and this will be enable only when you have downloaded the directions, it could well work. But unless the thing contain a complete set of maps. It is not likely the entire thing will work with no at least initial data coverage to get the maps and information. I also want to highlight what you have says that : you cannot use the Google Maps material offline, basically. They allow a very partial form of caching, for specific reason, and offline use is not one of them. And for that reason I think that if we see a connectionless GPS-based turn-by-turn app, it will moreover be based on Open Street Map, be terrified in for free by RIM to help out sell the devices, or will price actual money, so the seller can pay for the maps they will be including

I would like to say here something to all of you and that ]if, before few months I was having phone called an Eten Glofiish X800, running windows mobile 6 and this phone was having the GPS chip in it. So I could load tomtom and the maps on the micro SD card and I had a full performance GPS on my phone. And for that reason I think that this is possible to use the GPS or maps without Wi-Fi. And for you I will say you to try to get some of the apps which are given above and I am sure that you will be very happy from those apps.

Hey all, thanks for suggesting me about the application which helps to use the maps without Wi-Fi in Samsung Galaxy R. I have already downloaded one of the apps out of then and now I am trying with this, and also I am really very happy with this. Thanks for suggesting me about this.

Friends, I have Samsung i9000 Galaxy s, with Froyo. On my recent visit to Rajasthan, I could get GPS, but could not see my exact location, since the map was not loaded. i do not have access to GPRS or Wi-Fi connection. Is it because of lack of access to the GPRS or Wi-Fi, the maps are not loaded and I could not see my exact location? I am a newbie to the Android operating system, I have a Samsung Galaxy S (i9000) and I am from India. The so-called Samsung Vibrand, abroad. And so I'm just here to ask all of you who Are there maps offline for "India", available for this phone?