Thread: HTC Sensation XE vs. Samsung galaxy s2

HTC Sensation XE vs. Samsung galaxy s2

HI, I am planning to buy my first Smartphone among the one I have mentioned, but still I am not getting which one would be better for me, in other words I am just confused between these two phone just because of their specification and performance. When I was seeing the same thing I came to know that almost regarding the phones are almost similar then how to get it which one would be better, actually I am just stumped. Any suggestion regarding the same will appreciated.

Re: HTC Sensation XE vs. Samsung galaxy s2

There are much more difference between this two mobile you have mentioned but still as far as my personal recommendation is concern I would say you should get the XE one rather than the SGS2. Because see if you look at the hardware specification you’ll get Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor with Samsung rather 1.5 GHz dual-core processor with the XE. And as far as speed is concern there isn’t any need of explanation for the same because obviously you’ll get better speed in the XE rather than s2 but surely this should be exclusively your own opinion no doubt.

Are you interested in 3G calling or video calling something like that ?
    Because see with the Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II you can have secondary camera as well, with 2 MP. Thus it would be better for your or else I would also like to recommend you the another one. And I also believe that Samsung is far much better brand than the HTC.

See I have mentioned some of the feature of the phone which is not in the HTC,

• Gorilla Glass display

• TouchWiz UI v4.0

• Gyroscope sensor, etc.

though you are not getting that faster CPU with the phone bus still some other factors such as internal Memory and the External, which can also make huge difference, because see with the HTC you’ll get 4 GB internal memory and Samsung provides 16GB/32GB storage. So off course if you have 32 GB of internal storage then what is the need of having microSD card for the phone. And the best part is like you‘ll get 8Gb memory card included in the Samsung galaxy s2, rather HTC doesn’t provide anything.

Apart from this when it comes to USB port you’ll get v2.0 microUSB (MHL) with USB On-the-go support in the Samsung which is again not there in the HTC. And there are so many other features which is not there in the HTC though it is newer one. And again with both the phones you should be aware as so getting s-off and root on both is impossible.

I would like to recommend you that you should have a look at least over here, and you will get very good idea about the mobile and its feature. Because see I personally believe that hardware specification is not the only factor need to be consider. :-S

are you aware as none of the phone you have mentioned comprises HDMI cable !! so in fact I would say you should try to get the another one rather than this two, and off course Samsung galaxy s2 is quite older one dude! But still if you wanted to have more information about the Samsung galaxy s2 you can get it from here.

I think it depends if you will be using custom ROMs and or like sense or touch wiz. I love my sensation it has many ROMs to choose from and they make it way quicker than it was on stock particularly cm7, The thing that I like about the galaxy s2 is the AMOLED HD part and the exynos processor.

But I think the best thing you should do is wait for the galaxy nexus rather than having this phones, because if you are really operating system conscious then let me tell you that you’ll get ICS operating system in the mobile.

see I am not getting the difference between the GPU’s I am getting with the phone as gaming is my preference with the phone rather than any other function. See I m getting

Samsung galaxy s2 : Mali-400MP GPU while,

HTC XE : Adreno 220 GPU

So I am not getting which one would be better to have. And yeah I know that the phone don’t comprises any HDMI port in the phone, quite awful but how about optimus? I think that’s phone also comprises dual core processor isn’t it?

I don’t think HTC Sensation XE will be able to get the newer update for sure, but you can have ICS update in the Samsung galaxy s2, I would like to recommend you that before choosing any one of then you should first ask their customer support whether the phone will support this newer Ice cream sandwich update or not, and then only proceed ahead!