Thread: Getting "insufficient memory error" while updating apps from android market

Getting "insufficient memory error" while updating apps from android market

I have been using Samsung galaxy s and I have been using some android apps from the android market as well and I am also having the latest official firmware as well but the problem that I have started facing is that when I was trying to update the apps that I have got from the android market then I got a "insufficient memory space to install app error" even though I have checked that there is good amount of free space in the internal and the external memory of my phone. Is there anyone who has an idea about this problem?

Re: Getting "insufficient memory error" while updating apps from android market

I have been using Samsung galaxy s and I have been using some android apps from the android market as well and I am also having the latest official firmware as well but the problem that I have started facing is that when I was trying to update the apps that I have got from the android market then I got a "insufficient memory space to install app error" even though I have checked that there is good amount of free space in the internal and the external memory of my phone. Is there anyone who has an idea about this problem?
    I will suggest you to unmount and then remount your phone external memory card and then check if it is making any difference and in order to do so just go to Settings > Storage > unmount > remount. I am not much sure that you have this option in galaxy s because I have not yet used it but even if it is not there then you can try to remove memory card form your phone and then insert it again and then reboot your phone and then check if it is making any difference. Just check it out and then let me know if it is helping. If it helps then well and good and if not then I will try to help you with other solution.

Even I have been facing the same kind of problem not exactly the same but a similar one actually even I am getting the same error but then I have tried rebooting the phone and then I have found that after rebooting it I was able to update apps but the problem here is that it is just allowing me to update a single app only. Later I had found that I was able to install or update a single app after each reboot so I have been doing the same by now. I have also noticed that if I am uninstalling a app then I am not able to reinstall it again even after rebooting the phone I think that I am just allowed to install or update a single app after reboot and nothing else then it. I know that this is not a solution to solve this problem but then even I have not found a perfect solution for it now even though I have been visiting a no of forum to find a solution for this. So you can just check if you are having the same case and if yes than I think that you can use the same solution to update the apps that you until we find a solution for this.

Before I suggest you anything just answer me the following questions so I can
    1. get a clear view of your problem:
    2. Are the downloads failing immediately?
    3. Is the download actually starting and then failing?
    4. What error message you are getting exactly?
    5. Have you tried restoring the apps from the titanium backup?

Yes the download is failing immediately.
    1. I don’t think that it is actually starting I mean it shows downloading for some seconds and then come up with a error.
    2. The error message just says that "insufficient memory space to install app” .
    3. Yes I have tried restoring the apps from the titanium backup but then I have got the same error again.

I think that there is some kind of problem with the new android market because I have just now tried to look for your problem and I have found a no of people having the same kind of problem using different phones as well so I don’t think that it is actually any kind of space problem in your phone. I was using the old market previously and I had never come across any such problem so I think that you will wait until any official comes up with a solution for it.

Even I am having the same problem and I am using htc desire with cyanogenmod 7.03 and I will like to share that I have faced the same error while using the 3.0.26 as well as the 3.0.27 market but then I am getting this error for some specific app and not for all. It is occurring while I am trying to update the Google maps & adobe flash. I have also tried to uninstall the market place and then install the previous version of the marketplace that I was using but then I am getting the same error for both. I don’t know what to do know and I am really not getting a way to solve it out in some way. Any further help will be appreciated.

I think that I have a solution for you all:
    • Go in to the settings and then go in to application manage.
    • After that go in to the market place and then force stop and then also clear all the data and the cache.
    • After that reboot your phone and then again try to do the same and check if you are getting any error.

I think that you should be able to solve it out as I have solved mine problem with the same solution. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.

I think that I have a solution for you all:
    Go in to the settings and then go in to application manage.
    After that go in to the market place and then force stop and then also clear all the data and the cache.
    After that reboot your phone and then again try to do the same and check if you are getting any error.
    I think that you should be able to solve it out as I have solved mine problem with the same solution. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.
    I had the exact problem and even I was trying to solve it out by different solutions that I could have tried and I have also tried the solutions that has been specified above but then none of them actually helped and later I upgraded to the 2.3.5 XXJVT Stock rom and after that I uninstalled all the apps and then I downloaded the apps that I needed but then I don’t think that uninstalling it every time is a good choice I really want the Google people to look after it and solve it out as well.

Even I same problem even after having this:
    • 28 GB of free space in SD card
    • 13 GB free space in the internal memory

I don’t know why is it showing insufficient memory error I mean if there was some other error then it would have been a bit satisfying but insufficient memory error is really leaving no point to make out what the actual problem is.

I have the same kind of problem but I have found that I am able to download app that is more less than 8 mb but then I am not able to download the apps that is more than 10 mb. I have tried going to the service center but even they were not able to help.

angry Re: Getting "insufficient memory error" while updating apps from android market

I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I got it this christmas. I got a couple apps on it and now when i have to update them or download a new one, sometimes itll come up with a error message saying insufficiant ammount of space on device. Im using 4gb out of 36gb. Tons of room. Then when im updating apps or downloading apps on my network, i have to stay looking at the market screen and i have to keep the screen on for the app to update. If the screen times out and turns off the app will fail to download. If i try to get out of the market the app will also fail. WHY?? Its so annoying!

Oh, and when im on a Wi-fi network it all works fine. I can exit the market and turn off tue screen.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyboy View Post
    I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I got it this christmas. I got a couple apps on it and now when i have to update them or download a new one, sometimes itll come up with a error message saying insufficiant ammount of space on device. Im using 4gb out of 36gb. Tons of room. Then when im updating apps or downloading apps on my network, i have to stay looking at the market screen and i have to keep the screen on for the app to update. If the screen times out and turns off the app will fail to download. If i try to get out of the market the app will also fail. WHY?? Its so annoying!

Oh, and when im on a Wi-fi network it all works fine. I can exit the market and turn off tue screen.
    Where are you exactly installing the apps, in the memory card or the device memory. It might be that you will have to extend parition space for installing apps either on your memory card or device memory. You can check that in the settings of the phone, like how much space is alloted for the apps and games to be installed in the phone.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

My phone has no memory card slot. Its all on my phone.

l33t Re: Getting "insufficient memory error" while updating apps from android market

No one is saying anythng thats is making sence.am using samsung galaxy ace 5830 guys never had this issue of insufficient memory have 16GB mm card I think is the new play store thing wich was previously market.and the other guys who says force close market place u cnt do that is updates automatically itself man try somethng.else