Thread: Modem drivers for DELL Dimension 3000

Modem drivers for DELL Dimension 3000

I am having problems with the Dell Dimension 3000, the machine is running fine, but when I'm trying to work with the model at that time it seems that the modem is not coming. This means that the problem is with the modem. For that reason, have also found that in the control panel and there I found that the modem is installed, but still I am getting the same problem. Any ideas for this problem? Also please reply me back if you are having the same problem.

Re: Modem drivers for DELL Dimension 3000

I think after installing Windows XP on a scale of 3000 will need to load additional software called "drivers" that allow the operating system to communicate with all components installed on your system. First and foremost you have to install something called the chipset driver. Once the chipset driver is installed and rebooted, you can install the necessary drivers remaining in the order you want. Typically, you install the video driver to the side so you can see things more easily, then the audio network, etc with a team working visit support.dell.com and click drivers, enter your service tag system or select the model further in the list and download the drivers for your system you need. Dell assigned numerical names like r123456.exe and I like to rename them to provide a discharge more meaningful name. Put them on a CD or USB stick so you can get on the scale of 3000.

I also think that this problem looks like totally related with the Chipset and Modem driver. For making sure about this, you will need to download the Chipset and Modem driver form internet for your modem and then install them in your system. After this, I am sure that you will not get your problem again. And when the installation finished at that time Open the Device Manager, Press the Windows key and the Pause-Break key, Click the Hardware tab and the Device Manager button, there you will see the drivers for the modem. If you have already install all the drivers then please reply me back.

Dude, thanks for suggesting that about me, I have not downloaded anything from this site yet. I can open the design manager and see the Pause / Break key. Not sure about the Windows key. That is connected to high speed ATT. I am using an old HP to respond in the forum. I'll give that a try next. Thanks for answering my problem.

If you are able to download the drivers then try to download the drivers for your modem, I am sure that installing the drivers will resolve your problem. But while you are trying to download the drivers at that time make sure that you are going to download the drivers which are for your Modem and also make sure that they are compatible with your system running on the windows XP. I am telling you this because, if the drivers are not compatible at that time you will again get the errors while you are going to use the drivers. And also, it also might happens that system will not configure your modem.

Thanks friend, this answer seems just what I need. I have acess to another computer and be able to load these onto a CD and I have a USB memory stick as well. thanks for the tip. I'll let you know as soon as I get to try this. thanks again to all of you give me information on this case.

My friend finally agreed to switch to Ubuntu, but unfortunately I could not find modem drivers for it. I have a 3000 but I use DSL, so do not need the internal modem. However, my friend has a toll-free access. Does anyone know where I can download a driver for it? And in a semi-related note, does anyone know where I can get a cheap wireless card for a desktop may be able to share my connection