Thread: Opera mail keeps sending Emails

Opera mail keeps sending Emails

Hi, I am using opera always for checking mails and for all other browsing but don’t know what could be the problem as whenever I just open the browser I came to know that For some reason I get progress bar displaying me "Sending Messages..." even that I didn't put any message to be sent. And this is happening every about 10 minutes and off course this happens randomly and because of that I am not able to figure out what could be the problem, is there anybody over here having similar issues with the browser?

re: Opera mail keeps sending Emails

Are you sure that you have not set any queue for the messages because it might be possible as they must be sending because of that queue, thus if you have set any then try to delete that fist and the problem would be resolved. But make sure this is because of the queue but if there could be some other problem then I think it would be better if you specify the precise detail so that we got it correctly and will give you perfect solution for the same.

Exactly I am agree with the above user and If you look in "All messages/Outbox", you should be able to notice queued messages as long as "view >> show >> show sent" is checked for that message list. But, if suppose you’re not getting anything there, then I'd like to suggest you that log the outgoing connection and at least see what data Opera is sending.

Apart from this set the Mail Database Consistency Check Time to 0 to whatever it is set, after that save the modification that you have done and reboot Opera. Now you have to choose OK to perform the maintenance. The number will reset to a high number after the reboot, thus don't worry about that.

I don’t know what could be the problem but if this is really a problem then why don’t you make use of another browser? Off course you’ll not get any particular client as you are getting right now, but still at least you can figure out whether there is some problem with your mail account or with the browser that you are using.

will you please let me know how do I log the outgoing connection? Am I quite newer to this and that is why I am not sure how to do that.

see getting connection LOG is simple but over here you need to make some changes in the file I have mentioned in the procedure, see can follow the below mention procedure for the getting connection LOG.

• First of all you have to close down Opera and edit accounts.ini in the mail folder, for finding that location enter “opera:about” in Opera's address field.
    • Under the section for the account you wish for, set the "Incoming Log File" and the "Outgoing Log File" lines to below mentioned one:

Code:
      Incoming Log File={Home}Desktop/accountN_inlog.txt
      Outgoing Log File={Home}Desktop/accountN_outlog.txt
    • Make sure here N is the number for the account as seen in accounts.ini and that will put the log files on your desktop.
    • Only set the line that's necessary. I mean to say If you don't require to log the sending of messages, you don't require to write "Outgoing Log File" and vice versa.
    • Opera will carry on writing to these files as long as they're placed, so make a note as they can get huge after a while thus you should delete them before starting up Opera if you wish for a fresh log or unset the lines in accounts.ini whilst Opera is stopped up once you don't require to log anymore.

Re: Opera mail keeps sending Emails

as mentioned above if you are not getting what could be the problem, you should quit using this mail client rather try to access the mail through the browser itself and if possible try to make use of another one. But you can attempt for this as well, are you sure that you have set the port address perfectly in the settings, because some time incorrect port addresses can also does the same thing, and over here you should at least ask you ISP as well about this problem, it might be possible there could be some problem with their end.