Thread: Update 3.8.7 for Motorola DROID PRO Observations

Update 3.8.7 for Motorola DROID PRO Observations

Hey guys thought to share this with you all just updated to the 3.8.7 version less see the pro and cons of the latest update lets us start with
    the pros

1. You can at the moment describe proxy settings intended for Wi-Fi networks by touch-holding on a specific network. I won't be support in the office to observe how this works on my company's internal network unless Monday, however it appears promise.
    2. Symbols in text messaging are corrected . The most important space while you type " $", for instance, does not get auto-corrected to "$ " Overwhelming!

Now Cons:

1. Still merely Android OS 2.2.1 Display at the moment forever honors the timeout settings, yet if docked/plugged in. before display would remain on indefinitely when docked, which I in fact saw as a advantage. Does somebody familiar with of a way to control this actions? There is a method to change the setting for display timeouts although the phone is charging under Settings > Applications > Development.
    2. The hateful " DROID " sound still plays at bring into being, even if handset is set to Silent mode.

Neutral

1. The "Multimedia Launcher" interface that appears while you're docked now permits one row of app shortcuts/icons in place of two.

Re: Update 3.8.7 for Motorola DROID PRO Observations

Has anybody notice static on incoming calls after upgrading, now and then I have to hang up in addition to call back previous to it goes away beside that Exchange seems to be working similar to my BlackBerry does which is a huge advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Stavita View Post
    Has anybody notice static on incoming calls after upgrading, now and then I have to hang up in addition to call back previous to it goes away beside that Exchange seems to be working similar to my BlackBerry does which is a huge advantage
    Hey why don’t you just do two things. Dial *228, choose alternative number 2. If you still receive static, power down your handsets do a battery pull for two minutes, put back the battery, power up the device and test your handset function once more.

I'm very anxious to realize if the update fix the big issues constant restarting and unusable speakerphone. Might somebody with the fresh update allow us be familiar with if these issues have be determine? I would be truly thankful

Quote Originally Posted by Devarsi View Post
    I'm very anxious to realize if the update fix the big issues constant restarting and unusable speakerphone. Might somebody with the fresh update allow us be familiar with if these issues have be determine? I would be truly thankful
    By no means came across those however can say exchange push is not totally fixed. I'm also getting enormous holdup with other push-based apps like Whatsapp while I'm on the data connection. While I'm on Wi-Fi everything is okay. I did a factory reset on the handset and it appears that the static has vanished away. I will repost if it come into view once more but Factory reset worked for concerning two hours now every call is so bad by means of static I can't yet hear the other people.

Any opinion would be supportive, other than static the handset is working great. So I expect I don't have to revert back to the old OS

Pleased we have expert at this time to assist you repair, I mean do a factory reset on your handset all this time plus they essentially bring it up to anywhere it must have been from day one by means of this update. It appear to have invalidate root for nearly all people, also.

Any ideas as to why I still have not established this update in Chicago? I attempt to do the physical update and it go on telling me that the update service is not obtainable at the moment. They’re rolling out gradually in phases I immediately figure that the third biggest market might be one of the primary in line and it look like people in additional parts of the country have gotten it previously. not anything I can actually do about it although.

That is Weird, I now did a factory reset moreover was capable to manually pull down the fresh update. Not certain if this had anything to do with it or presently a timing luck, but I tried to right of entry the update several times nowadays and was only capable to do it after the retune.

I still can't pickup incoming handset calls since of the static, any thoughts on how i be able to relapse back to the old OS or one more method to throw away the static. Can you reliably duplicate the static? Can you bring it into a Verizon store plus get it exchanged?

Is this static a issue for many owners? I came across into getting one of those for my mom, and wish for to make certain it’s not a lemon.

Has anybody else had issue downloading the fresh update mine has failed at least 20 times in addition to it started a week ago and go on trying every day and it is starting to bother me is there a trick to make work or cancel it so it don't do it anymore . Every incoming phone call is met with static, I’m pretentious that when the update went through somewhat didn't make it to the radio part, I'm eager Verizon can fix it without ordering a refurb phone

Did you tried to download the update by the use of WiFi? If nothing else works, you might try a reset of the handset to see if that will activate it.