Thread: Will LG support for UBUNTU 11.10 64 bit operating system.

Will LG support for UBUNTU 11.10 64 bit operating system.

I am using UBUNTU 11.10 64 bit OS on my ACER Aspire 5516 laptop, I'm have a doubt if it will support my LG Revolution when I attach the usb data cable and if so will I have to download and set up the usb drivers? If I have to perform this can you help? I too use my cell phone on Windows 7 64 bit os and I get the frustrating "usb not recognized" page even if I can access together internal and external memory cards. I expect I can bring into play it on ubuntu.So will it support on LG? i am now owing a LG.

Re: Will LG support for UBUNTU 11.10 64 bit operating system.

Fine questions, but I am not familiar with that as I have by no means installed or had the chance to work through it. But I doubt of fine working of Ubuntu handling extra USB Drivers intended for Windows .I've have notice of a couple of other concerns with the 64bit Ver of Win7. But I don't have a Dev Lab handy or several machines at my elimination to install and test a variety of OS and configurations. I just have a lowly little Laptop with Win7 on it. But I'll report the questions with Win7 64bit ver. relieved things are going fine with the Revolution, I exist on the Revolution as well and I've really like it. There should be an update approaching shortly.

I just connected my REVO (usb) to my laptop; it had no difficulty seeing both cards, extremely quick I might add, as well as I introduced all of my pics; main files; pdf's ect without a delay. No trouble at this time. So, if anyone is using UBUNTU 10.4 or 11.10 32 bit/64 bit and contain the LG REVOLUTION Smartphone, I believe safe in saying that they must not have any troubles with the usb connection, if so maybe I can attempt and assist.

Some sort of connector problem might have been an issue in this case. if not so it would be the operating system issue which is not enabling it to do so.if you are using ubantu, it might be not solving this issue because of this reason. Try on some other operating system with the same process as you do.