Thread: Ipod touch warranty period and cost of renew a warranty

Ipod touch warranty period and cost of renew a warranty

I have got the ipod touch few months back. I don’t know about its warranty period because I have lost its bill. Now there are few problems in the device and I think that it is the manufacturing default. So I would like to replace the device otherwise repair it if there is still it is under warranty. Does anyone know how long its warranty stays? If its warranty period expired then how much it costs me renew a warranty?

Re: Ipod touch warranty period and cost of renew a warranty

Initial review showed that the replacement of your product in all likelihood with the warranty is AppleCare Protection Plan, or another Apple repair extension program covered and thus incurred no cost for you. For questions or discrepancies regarding the coverage of the repair.

Within two business days, you should follow the instructions to return the original product: receive and the packing material to be used (serial number xxxxx). If the original product is damaged due to improper packaging during shipment, it is no longer qualified for the repair and will be returned unrepaired. Add the return of any additional items (such as headphones) when, as you will not be recovered.

The warranty is a voluntary service of the manufacturer. As this is handling it may decide this themselves (take a look at the terms and conditions or a request to the support is there to create awareness). In principle you can have a repaired device, or get a new device but also a device already used as a substitute.

I would try just once to send in the unit under warranty. I've seen the Apple support right up to now always accommodating. One probably. Just call ahead and ask if there was what might be possible.

Normally repairs Apple products and not simply swaps (why should they?). That is not the intention to send a faulty machine and then hope a late model, a new or to get a better device, although this one has (at least in the latter case) is not paid.

Guarantee means that you must prove to the dealer that the device is not already broken at delivery was. When the warranty must prove that the device after 6 months from the start was broken. Within six months it is just like the guarantee.

Warranty is also only a voluntary service.

If you go after a year without Apple Care to Apple, they probably tell you "tough luck, would have to buy Apple Care, of course, we can repair your iPod Touch 279 for 189 bucks at the time to exaggerate. You will in most cases simply rejected, unless you can prove it very clear that Apple is to blame for the defect. In ensuring that's the thing that the manufacturer prove within the first 6 months must be that the defect was not caused by him, and after those 6 months you need the manufacturer to prove that he is responsible for the defect and not you

When a warranty repair, the manufacturer must exchange your device

Apple is indeed generous, but if the warranty expiration has elapsed since a long time they will also do hardly anything (can) because they sell so it is for this reason their AppleCare plans.