Thread: How to sync iPhone to new computer

How to sync iPhone to new computer

I am having some question related with the Sync iPhone to new computer and hope that you guys will really help me in this cause. I am having the Mac Laptop and with this laptop I have never tried with the sync my own iPhone. But now I want to do this. For that reason, if here some have the steps for doing this then please reply me back about the result. And I am asking here because, while doing this, I don’t want to loose any data for that reason I am searching for the any third party software to make sure everything is saved. And for the contacts I am thinking that there will be some way so that iTunes sync won't delete everything. Please suggest me about the suggestion in this cause, if anyone of you have the proper suggestion for this.

Re: How to sync iPhone to new computer

for geting resolve the problem you will need to use the stes which are as:
    • Disable auto sync when an iPod/iPhone is connected under Preferences>Devices in itunes(under the edit menu if using Windows).
    • Make sure you have one contact & one event in the supported applications(Address Book, iCal) on your computer. These entries can be fake, doesn't matter, the important point is that these programs not be empty.
    • Connect her phone, iTunes running, do not sync at this point.
    • Store>Authorize this computer.
    • File>Transfer Purchases(To make sure all purchased content on her phone will be in her itunes library).
    • right click in the device pane & select reset warnings.
    • Right click again and select backup.
    • Right click again & select restore from backup, select the backup you just made. When prompted to create another backup, decline.
    • This MUST be followed by a sync to restore her itunes content, which you select from the various tabs, You'll get a popup regarding her contacts & calendars asking to merge or replace, select merge.

For that reason, I think that you will need to login in to the iTunes account on your new Mac and then sync as normal. And at that time there you will asked if you want to copy stuff from your iPhone to Mac and after doing this, you will able to continue as normal. And while doing this make sure to authorize your new Mac with your iTunes account as well. And after this all, you will need to follow the steps which are given above. Hope that all will work for helping you.

Hell all friends, thanks a lot for replying me about the steps. Really you all have given me very useful information. As soon as I will try with this, I will reply here to let you know about the results.

Hey, can you reply here back to me that why he needs Wide Angle's TouchCopy if he is making a backup on iTunes in the step 7. I am getting confused with this step, except this step all I get that this will really help you to resolve the problem. But please reply me why you need for the backup???

Yes, I tried with this software which you all have suggested me in the steps, and also this software is very easy to use. Here in my cause, recently I have updated to the LION and there I get that lost the ability to use my Quickbooks 2009 and FilemakerPro. And after this I ditched Lion and went back to Snow Leopard but there also I get the same problem. Can anyone suggest me about the how to keep my iPhone as it was before?? Please reply me for this. And Thanks friends.

I was also having the same issue and for getting the steps for the sync with the new computer, I have also searched on the internet and there I found no proper suggestion about this. And after coming here I see the proper steps for this. I spent the $35 for TouchCopy, made the backup from their tool for keeping the backup about my contacts. And after this I tried with the steps and there I found that no where in the post do I see where to bring in the TouchCopy backup. And also I tried with the right click backup, right click restore from backup but that also not helped me in this case. So if this is not helping in this cause, then can you here tell me that why to buy this tool?? Thanks for your reply. But please reply me back about this problem also.

After reading your post I can say that you have suggested the third party tool which is not for the Apple things like pictures and CD music so I think that there is no need to buy such type of the software. Are you having any help that will help me to upgrade to OS5? In this morning I see that news that said there are issues about battery life with OS5, an upgrade to it in little weeks. but in my cause I can sync just find. And also some times when I am trying with the sync at that time it says that I'm already syncing to another library do I want to wipe the machine. So here can you please tell me that how can I find all the libraries now on this new computer so I sync to the proper one? Please reply me back for this.

Hey all, thanks for replying me about the steps . I tried with this all and I get that this is working for me. Not I can sync my new iPhone with the new computer without getting any error in this cause. Thanks again for this.

yes, I also get the similar problem with my iPhone 4 and for getting some steps about this, I searched on the net and form there I came to this forums. After trying with all the steps which you have given to me, I see that this all are working for me and also I see that my problem have get resolve. Thanks for suggesting such a great steps for us.