Thread: Huge battery drain after firmware update in motorola droid pro

Huge battery drain after firmware update in motorola droid pro

Guys I am having Motorola droid pro mobile phone in which I have recently updated the firmware to android 4.6.8, but after that I am having quite immersive issues with the phone’s battery as it just consumes the whole power within 5 hours only whereas previously it was at least a day and half along with playing games, texting and checking emails. Is there anybody over here having same phone and had tried this update in their mobile? Please let me know whether this is because of the firmware I have update or there is some another problem with the phone?

Re: Huge battery drain after firmware update in motorola droid pro

As you have mentioned like you might have installed ICS update to the phone isn’t it? But I think I am not sure whether the update is available for your device or not, because as the extent to I know the update you have mentioned is available only for selected phones and because of that off course you’ll get such problem with the phone, because the update that you can made to your phone is till the gingerbread only seems according to the phone’s specification.

According to me you should try to make sure whether the battery that you are using in the phone is working perfectly or not, because though you might be thinking as the phone is newer that means that couldn’t be any problem with the battery but still according to me you should try to make sure whether the battery is working perfectly or not because if there could be any problem with the battery itself then you may get the replacement as well for that and no doubt same in case of charger as well. But first let me know whether you are making use of the original accessories or any other? Because see if you are making use of any faulty or duplicate battery or charger then also you may get such problem with the device.

well, another thing to ensure is, if your device gets temperate or not? If it does, then most probably something is keeping the phone busy all the time and because of that you must be having overheating, in fact battery damage could also result the same thing with the mobile.

According to me you should figuring out what the problem is? by checking the battery usage monitor. That’s by visiting settings >> Battery and Data manager. Ensure nothing is running along with the other things all the time, because it might be causing overheating to the mobile.

Have you tried resetting the firmware ever that you have installed in your phone? Because it might be probable that there could be several trouble with the phone firmware and that’s why you must be having difficulty with the battery act. See as there are two methods of doing this you should attempt to do the soft resetting first and after that only attempt with the hard resetting since if you are getting the issue resolved with the soft resetting then there isn’t any require of doing hard resetting.

(NOTE: it is always suggested to maintain back up of significant data from the mobile or else you may mislay it after resetting the phone)

don’t know what could be the problem but Same issue with me as well when updated to Gingerbread two weeks ago and here's what I've noticed:

• I used to get a full day out my battery, now it's approximately drained by lunch time that’s half of the day. And I'm on utmost battery saver in settings with no application pushing.

• Everything stuck, applications take about twice as long to load than did previously.

• Random troubles, like music player will pause from time to time with no touching, Google search get stuck subsequent to typing two letters, and just freezes sometimes in dissimilar applications.

I'm a admirer of the fresh gesture although, much sleeker design.

I think you shoud try to reinstall the firmware In your mobile, because It might be possible that the one you have installed might have been corrupted and thus over here reinstallation would be the only way left to you.

Moreover to this, you should also make sure first whether the update you have installed is available for your device or not because, because it might be possible that you can install it but after that you may get several same issue, anyways if you are pursuing the same problem even after reinstalling the firmware than you can have option to get the previous software to the phone, you can install that again.

I have tried almost each and everything you have mentioned but still having problem with the device and I don’t think it could be a software glitch in the phone rather something happening wrong with the phone. Anyways thanks for the above suggestions.

As far as Smartphone’s are concern, it is understandable thing as we must have to make exercise of several apps with the phone whether it is of internet based application or any other, so let me tell you as this is also one of the major reason of battery strenuous and since you’ll get either many difficulty with the phone performance or improvement to the performance.

I have often observed as whenever we install any third party apps in the mobile can also cause battery draining and that’s why I would like to advise you that if you have also installed any such apps in your mobile then you should first eliminate them and then see the variation in the performance.

Along with this whilst it comes to internet based apps, it used to maintain connection with the internet and that also boosts the battery utilization with the phone thus avoid using such application for more time and finally when you finished working with the apps you should try to get it close as soon as achievable or else once more it would be useless keeping it running in the surroundings as it will keep demanding the battery.

why don’t you visit the service center for the same, because I don’t think this could be a software issue in your phone rather it seems a hardware issue that need to be resolved for sure before you start getting another problem with the phone. In fact it seems you have bought the phone quite recently only so it might be possible that you may get replacement for the particular hardware for your mobile but make sure as by applying all this solution you may not get any damage to the phone or else it will be consider in the physical damage.