Thread: How Force the update on Samsung Galaxy Indulge

How Force the update on Samsung Galaxy Indulge

I have recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Indulge and it is working just great and I am loving it as well and as I have heard that it is possible to force the phone to connect and look for the update but then I have not yet came across a solution for it so I just wanted to know is it possible doing so? And if yes than what is the solution for it. Is there anyone who is aware of it by now and can help me out as well? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated

Re: How Force the update on Samsung Galaxy Indulge

I think that I can help you out but before following the solution I will suggest you to make sure that you have reinstalled all your Metro bloatware and after that just follow the below method:
    • First Get the SPC by entering the IMEI into to an ESN Checker and get the 6 digit no.
    • After that just Open the dialer and then enter ##data#.
    • After this the eighth item will be labeled as FOTA so just open it and then enter the 6 digit no when it asked for it.
    • After entering the no just click on the first item which is labeled as DM Account and then Click and hold the metropcs.
    • Then Click on the Start DM and then you will see the data indicators light up.
    • After you see that just leave the phone until your account is ready and you will also get a confirmation when your account is ready and after that the phone will automatically reboot.
    • After this you will get a popup showing the new version number on your home screen if everything works fine.

I think that I can help you out but before following the solution I will suggest you to make sure that you have reinstalled all your Metro bloatware and after that just follow the below method:
    First Get the SPC by entering the IMEI into to an ESN Checker and get the 6 digit no.
    After that just Open the dialer and then enter ##data#.
    After this the eighth item will be labeled as FOTA so just open it and then enter the 6 digit no when it asked for it.
    After entering the no just click on the first item which is labeled as DM Account and then Click and hold the metropcs.
    Then Click on the Start DM and then you will see the data indicators light up.
    After you see that just leave the phone until your account is ready and you will also get a confirmation when your account is ready and after that the phone will automatically reboot.
    After this you will get a popup showing the new version number on your home screen if everything works fine.

I have not yet tried this solution as my phone is able to update itself but then I have also found that it does not update update itself completely unless you force it.I really wanted to know that why is it so and as You have specified that it is a bloatware.I had previously used the MikesToolz first in order to remove Metro bloatware and then reinstall it but I don’t think that it is making much difference but I think that the “ThinkOffice” is able to hold the super update information for no reason. I have a list of apps that is working fine and the same does not worked out for the other people as they have failed the update.

I have not got the "scheduled" update till now but I think that it is very strange to believe that the bloatware has increased successful "auto" OTA after reinstalling it .Even I am thinking of trying to reinstall the bloat one by one just to check if I get the auto OTA before I actually force to do it.

I will like to share that I had recently got a Samsung Galaxy Indulge and after updating it,It was looking like a WP7 device as it is having a large green squares on the home screen and I have also noticed that the internet logo looked like the chrome logo and I was surprised to see a android like this even though it was appearing as a different home screen when I took it to the metro store and then got it activated then I found that it was moved to the default TouchWiz and after I did a factory reset the update started but then it failed saying FOTA failed do you have an idea for the cause of it.

I will like to share that I had recently got a Samsung Galaxy Indulge and It was looking like a WP7 device as it is having a large green squares on the home screen and I have also noticed that the internet logo looked like the chrome logo and I was surprised to see a android like this even though it was appearing as a different home screen when I took it to the metro store and then got it activated then I found that it was moved to the default TouchWiz and after I did a factory reset the update started but then it failed saying FOTA failed do you have an idea for the cause of it.

I will like to form you that the phone you might have bought might not be having the stock launcher I think that it might be Launcher 7 considering what you have explained. I mean that the Launcher 7 just changes the way it looks and it appears as if it is a windows phone 7 devices. So I will suggest you to get root checker and then run it and then check if all of the Metro bloatware. Just check it out and then let me know what you find.

I have rooted my Samsung Galaxy Indulge and I have also forced the update but frankly speaking I have not found any improvement in the battery life as others have been claiming out and I think that it might be because of the placebo effect. I am not saying that it does not improve the battery life but then it has not really enhanced my battery life for sure. Later I tried updating the radios and after that I was able to wake up the phone with the help of the bottom keys such as back or home but now I have found that they are not working. Any further help will be appreciated.

I have rooted my Samsung Galaxy Indulge and I have also forced the update but frankly speaking I have not found any improvement in the battery life as others have been claiming out and I think that it might be because of the placebo effect. I am not saying that it does not improve the battery life but then it has not really enhanced my battery life for sure. Later I tried updating the radios and after that I was able to wake up the phone with the help of the bottom keys such as back or home but now I have found that they are not working. Any further help will be appreciated.

I think that you might have not received the full update but to make it sure just check if your phone is showing you EE07 as your build no. I have done the same thing but then even I have been facing issues after that I mean that I have experienced that the signal has gone worse and it even won’t stay for long. I really don’t know what to do know and I really wish that I can fix it in the next update.

I think that it really depends on what all apps you are using I think that we still need to use the power button in order to unlock the screen.I think that there could be some kind task killers and some power management apps to keep a track of the battery usage and even I have not found much difference as far as the battery improvement is concerned or maybe I have not yet tested it well because I am still using the lte kill code when I restart the phone but then I think that there are some changes in the camera settings app as well as the 4g icon but I think that it should have reflected connectivity status as well in order to give better accuracy. I just wish that it covers all this in the next update.

Before the update my p[hone use to last for 24 hours in the way I use it and now after the update it don’t even last for 10 hours even though I have started using it less as compared to way I used to use it previously.I am more in to travelling and I have heard that when the signal goes up and down every time then the battery drains faster and even though if I take it in to consideration I don’t think that it will drain my 12 to 14 hours.