Thread: Does iPod warranty cover a broken screen?

Does iPod warranty cover a broken screen?

Hi, I have the 4th generation iPod touch which I had bought before some months ago thus I am sure the warranty regarding the device is still there, but still I am afraid as though I had a hard case and screen protector on, but I dropped it and because of that the screen at the present has a huge crack in it and my iPod. I was wondering if there was any way I could get it fixed through the warranty only. Is there anybody having idea about the same? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Does iPod warranty cover a broken screen?

As you have mentioned the ipod was dropped through you only and in such case I personally believe If the screen is broken within the year because of something wrong you did, it falls under the “exploitation by consumer” and isn't enclosed beneath warranty.

But still can I have any fix for this? Because I cannot see anything on the screen sometime and which is quite awful. Is there any ways through which I can get it repaired?

off course you can get it repaired from both service center and from any outside technician as well, but still you should first of all try to get it to the service center and see what they are saying for the same because see if they are ready to get you benefitted then what’s the problem. And if suppose they are refusing because of the warranty terms then you can option to get it repaired but over here as well I will always recommend you to get it repaired from the service center only rather then any outside technician.

Though you’ll get the service quite costly but you’ll get the original product again from the service center and the quality would be far much better than you get it repaired from outside, but after all this is your exclusive opinion.