Thread: MMS settings for etisalat and du in Motorola droid pro verizon

MMS settings for etisalat and du in Motorola droid pro verizon

HI, I have a Motorola droid pro which is been actually locked with the Verizon but still I will get it unlock very soon but still let me know the MMS settings for the device as I am using etisalat and du as a network operator. How do I get settings for those networks in this device?

Any suggestion regarding the same will be esteemed.

Re: MMS settings for etisalat and du in Motorola droid pro verizon

as you have mentioned the phone is locked but quite good as you are aware since first you need to get it unlocked with the network operator you are about to use or else you’ll be unable to get it work. Thus after doing that you should insert the SIM card in the mobile and automatically you’ll get all the settings in your phone. Not only regarding the MMS rather you’ll get all the settings for the internet and for other services as well.

In earlier time we need to set it manually but nowadays they have started quite good service as if our device is capable of doing all such functions then those settings will be delivered to the phone automatically.

Though I am agree with the above user but still I would like to recommend you that if suppose you are not getting the settings somehow then you can have option over here to set them manually as mentioned above, thus you can follow this below mentioned settings for your phone.

Code:
    Name: Etisalat MMS
    APN: etisalat
    Proxy: -
    Port: -
    Username: -
    Password: -
    Server: -
    MMSC: httP:/ /mms/servlets /mms **
    MMS proxy: 010.012.000.32
    MMS port: 8080
    MCC: 424
    MNC: 2
    Auth Type: PAP
    APN type: mms
    I have tried this settings with the Gingerbread 2.3.4, thus make sure you are using the same version of OS.

I would always prefer any third party application rather than bothering this way, in fact would like to suggest you the same thing as if suppose you are not conferrable with any such settings then you can make use of third party application for sending MMS to any other network. As far as I know there are so many application for the same but I would like to recommend you that you should make use of handcent SMS application for your android device. I have mentioned some of the features of the application so that you can have better idea.

FEATURES :

• Enhanced text messaging capabilities
    • SMS Popup
    • MMS
    • Text Signature
    • T9
    • Better than default Messaging application

I have tried the settings that you have mentioned but still no luck as I am not able to get it work however.

I would always prefer any third party application rather than bothering this way, in fact would like to suggest you the same thing as if suppose you are not conferrable with any such settings then you can make use of third party application for sending MMS to any other network.
    But still if suppose we are making use of any such application then don’t we need any such setting in the device, I mean to say without that only we will be able to send and receive MMS’s? and by the way from where can I have this application?

Though you can make use of any such application for sure but still have you tried receiving the settings from the network operator itself? because if not then I would like to recommend you that you should at least try to contact them and request for the settings you wanted to have and then try to send the MMS’s through the phone and see whether you are getting any problem or not, I am sure you’ll not.

The application mentioned above that you can download from here, I think you haven’t ever searched on android market, isn’t it?