Thread: From my home Wi-Fi FaceTime won't connect in Apple iPhone 4

From my home Wi-Fi FaceTime won't connect in Apple iPhone 4

Friends, I bought the new Apple iPhone 4 since they came out this summer, and with this I was not having any problem. But now I am facing one problem with the FaceTime and the problem is that I am able to use FaceTime in the Apple Store but this is not working with my friends, even we both are connected with Wi-Fi. When I am trying with connecting at that time I see that this sits on and then after the couple of minutes until it finally gives up. For that reason, I have also bought the new router and also I have updated to 4.1 and then also I get the same problem. And also I have tried with the resetting all setting but still this is also of no use. Can here anyone tell me that what I am missing over here? Please suggest me solution about this.

Re: From my home Wi-Fi FaceTime won't connect in Apple iPhone 4

I am having Apple iPod not the Apple iPhone, but still I can suggest you some good suggestion about this. And that is as:
    • First make sure that at your friends home, FaceTime is working very properly with the other users. Because it also might happens that the problem is at his side.
    • And if you have make sure that your friend's FaceTime is working, then the problem will be at your side. Try to check all the settings and be sure that you have corrected all the settings very properly. And also be sure that your Wi-Fi is giving signal very strong this is because, it also happens that your phone need more signal to work properly.
    • And for that you will need to work with the other apps which uses Wi-Fi and if you get that they al are working fine then you will need to do the Wi-Fi troubleshooting.
    • And also try with changing the DNS numbers to Google's 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4 number, I am sure that by changing this number you will get that this is working for you. This is because this had also helped the so many of the other users who are facing this type of the problem.
    • For entering the DNS numbers you will need to do the setting as:
    • Settings > Wi-Fi
    • And then tab to the right of your Network's name
    • And then there enter the DND number which is given above.

hope that this will help in your case.

Hey dude, thanks for suggesting me about that. But here let me tell you that in the DND number 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 you have inserted the comma. Is this is mistake???

No friend, this is not the mistake. In the DNS number there is comma for some reason and that comma separates the primary and secondary DNS numbers. And I am suggesting you because; comma works fine with my iPod. I am not sure that this will help in your cause or not. But reply me back about the results.

Friends, I am also having the same problem and in my cause, I am trying FaceTime from my Macbook Pro to an iPhone4 via wireless. And when I had tested this at my home with the same wire less connection at that time I get that this is working very fine. For getting resolve this, I have also searched on the so many of the other forums but from no where I get the suggestion in this cause. And also I contacted with the Apple support but they also not helped me in this case. Can here anyone having the suggestion in this cause??? Please reply me back about this also.

Hey, I tried with this and I get that this is really working very fine for me. Now I can easily connect the Facetime to my home Wi-Fi in my iPhone 4 and now this is not giving any problem related with this. I am really very happy now. Thanks a lot to all of you.