Thread: Not able to create reminder with SIRI in Apple iPhone 4S

Not able to create reminder with SIRI in Apple iPhone 4S

Recently, I get the new Apple iPhone 4S and I am really very happy to have such a great phone. But today, I get the problem with the Siri in this phone. And the problem is that, I am not able to create reminder using the location. Let me tell you this in details: I have set the location service in the Siri and also this knows the home and work location based on my information. And after doing this I tried with the following steps and there I get the problem and the steps are as:
    • First I enable Siri.
    • And after this I tell it to set the reminder.
    • And after this Siri asked me that what I want to remind about and at that time I tells it that I want to remind the Buy eggs.
    • And then Siri asked me that when would you like me to remind you?? And then I replied that when I leave the home.
    • And after this it confirms to make a reminder and then I said yes to it.
    • But after few times Siri comes back and this says me that I cannot able to create the reminder sorry about that.

Why this happens to me?? After this, I tried with this several times but still this says the same. What can I do for resolving this problem? Is there anyone have suggestion.

Re: Not able to create reminder with SIRI in Apple iPhone 4S

I was also having this type of the problem and to get resolve this problem I have tried with the searching on the internet and there I found that so many of the suggestion are saying to turn on the iCloud and then reminders will start working. And also in the other suggestion people are saying that if using exchange as your mail, to make sure that reminders is turned on in the exchange settings, and then for resolving the problem, I tried with that and then I get that my issue is get resolve. And for this reason I will also suggest you to try with this suggestion. And also if you are getting the problem with this all then please reply me back over here. I will try to resolve the problem by suggesting you other suggestion.

For getting resolve your problem, I will suggest you to Go in to the Reminders app and then press the top left hand icon, this will bring you to Lists section. And when this happens at that time click on the Edit, and Select Create New List and there type the Reminders, but be sure that you are typing with the capital R. and after this all select done. And then go into Siri and setup a reminder, I am sure that this will really help you to resolve your problem. Try with this and reply back about the results.

When I tried to search on the internet to resolve the problem at that time I get that Apple Support person are telling me that this is an known issue and they also told me that they are working on this. And also they told that since the Siri is on Beta phase there are still kinks they need to work on.

Hey dude, let me tell you that turning on the reminders in iCloud works for me but this takes a coupled of tries, but here I am sure that this is working very fine for me. When I am trying to on it at that time I face that it did not worked then I turned it off. And after this I started to playing with this and then I found that that it keep making either task or calendar entry and I realized the reminder was off again in iCloud. And then I turned this on and then I found that this start working for me. And at that time I came to known that Siri actually creating a Reminder based on I leave or arrive home and whether I leave or arrive work. If you are also having the problem then I think that you will need to try with this. Hope that this works for you.

Dude, I tried with all the suggestion which is there above but there also I get that this is not working for me. Also for making sure, I tried with so many times again but still get the same problem. Anyone with the other suggestion?? And also thanks for suggesting me about this.

In my case, the problem is that when I am trying to set the reminder that time It would set a reminder but wouldn't do it location based. For this, I have also tried with the changing the setting in the exchange by trying with Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendars/Exchange, and turn off reminders. But still get the same problem. Any suggestion for this??

I would like to say some things over here. And that is Siri knows your current location and other locations like home and work.
    To turn off the capability for Siri to use your place, you will need to do the setting which are as:
    Go to Settings > Location Services
    and after this set the switch for Siri to Off. And after doing this Siri information about your location is not tracked or stored outside the phone.

I was experiencing the same problem but this is how I fixed it:

1. Go into your reminders and click the menu button (top left)
    2. Click "edit"
    3. The very last item says "Create New List"
    4. Make a new list called "Reminders" and click "Done"
    5. Lock your phone and try to create a reminder.

idea Re: Not able to create reminder with SIRI in Apple iPhone 4S

When I went into reminders there was no edit button

Quote Originally Posted by Gailbug View Post
    When I went into reminders there was no edit button
    Can you please specify what problem are you facing and what exactly do you need help in? Which phone do you have and what is its model number? In order to keep the reminders on, you should launch it either in the foreground or in the background.