Thread: Motorola DROID PRO keeps rebooting automatically

Motorola DROID PRO keeps rebooting automatically

I have recently bought Motorola DROID PRO and it has just been a week and It was working well by now but now it has started rebooting on its own and I really don’t have any idea that what has gone wrong with it. My phone just keeps on rebooting after 5 to 10 minutes no matter I am using it or not. I don’t know what to do now. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has found a solution to solve it out? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Motorola DROID PRO keeps rebooting automatically

I have recently bought Motorola DROID PRO and it has just been a week and It was working well by now but now it has started rebooting on its own and I really don’t have any idea that what has gone wrong with it. My phone just keeps on rebooting after 5 to 10 minutes no matter I am using it or not. I don’t know what to do now. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has found a solution to solve it out? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

I think that this is problem is due to the battery I mean that the battery might not be working well or it might just be having a loose connection. What I will suggest you is just take out the battery and clear the golden plates of the battery and also the plates in the mobile and then check if it is working or not and if not then I you can try to check with another battery of the same type and see if it is still having the same problem. If it is working well then I think that you will just have to replace the battery .You can also try to check the battery by putting it in other phone to check if the battery is working well or not. If there is no problem with the battery than I think that you can try out a factory reset and see if it is helping you out but just backup the data that you have in your phone. Just check it out and then let me know if you have any further problem so I can help you with other solutions. Best of luck

I think that this is problem is due to the battery I mean that the battery might not be working well or it might just be having a loose connection. What I will suggest you is just take out the battery and clear the golden plates of the battery and also the plates in the mobile and then check if it is working or not and if not then I you can try to check with another battery of the same type and see if it is still having the same problem. If it is working well then I think that you will just have to replace the battery .You can also try to check the battery by putting it in other phone to check if the battery is working well or not. If there is no problem with the battery than I think that you can try out a factory reset and see if it is helping you out but just backup the data that you have in your phone. Just check it out and then let me know if you have any further problem so I can help you with other solutions. Best of luck

am having the same problem and I don’t think that it is some kind of battery problem I mean I have checked my battery and it is working fine in other phone and I have also made sure that there is no loose connection between the battery and the phone and yes even I have found that when I leave the phone on the table itself with the phone untouched then also it reboots on it own so I don’t think that there can be any issue of loose connection or something. I have also tried to plug it to the charger and see if it is making any difference but then I have found the same problem again and again no matter what solution I have tried. I have also tried to reboot the phone a no of times and I have also tried a hard reset a no of times and I have also updated the software as well but none of them seems to be helping. I think that this is some kind of hardware problem with the phone itself and I think that I will have to visit the service center and find it out.

Even I am facing the same problem and I have by now tried all of the following but none of them is helping me out:
    • I have checked the battery with the above solutions.
    • I have tried using the phone without memory card and the Sim card.
    • I have tried to switch between the global modes (GSM/CDMA)
    • I have tried factory reset and hard reset a no of times.

Is there any other method I can try now?

You can try out the following solution I have found it to be working:
    • Firstly just flash the Titanium Black Hat SBF on the phone.
    • Than Format the SD card and also clear all the cache and partition if you have.
    • After that just Root the phone with z4 roots.
    • And then just install the Titanium Backup.
    • Just check it out and then let me know if it helps or not.

Yes this is some kind of hardware problem and I was facing the same and was just trying a no of solution to get it solved but then later I went to the service center and then they checked it and tested it by factory resetting and performing a full software update as well but then the problem was still there and when they were not able to solve it out by these methods they told me that this is some kind of hardware problem and then they gave me a replacement as it has just been few weeks for me as well and now the new phone is just working fine without any problem.

Yes this is some kind of hardware problem and I was facing the same and was just trying a no of solution to get it solved but then later I went to the service center and then they checked it and tested it by factory resetting and performing a full software update as well but then the problem was still there and when they were not able to solve it out by these methods they told me that this is some kind of hardware problem and then they gave me a replacement as it has just been few weeks for me as well and now the new phone is just working fine without any problem.

I think that you were quite lucky to get a replacement I mean that I was having the same problem in the starting where my phone was rebooting own and I was ignoring it and was using it as it is but then one day it suddenly got bricked or something I don’t know what happened to it and it was just not starting at all. So later I visited the service center and then they said that it was due to some loose connection in the circuit and they will repair and give it back to me and I did not got a replacement. Even though the phone is working fine now but I was really hoping for a replacement.

Yes even I am tired of trying a no of solution to get it work and now I think that just moving to the service center and then letting them crack their head will be a better option let’s see if I am getting a replacement or some solution will work out for me. Till then fingers crossed.

I have got my Motorola DROID PRO from the ebay and I have been facing the same problem since 2 weeks and I was suggested from my friends not to buy it from the ebay but I still went for it and now I am really regretting for it. I have updated the rom and it has minimized the problem but has not solved it yet. Actually the phone used to get reboot almost 10 times a day but now it has reduced to a couple of reboots so I think that I will try to use it for some days but if it started the same problem every now and then. Then even I will go for a replacement.