Thread: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update on LG Esteem MS910

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update on LG Esteem MS910

I recently purchase this android based LG Esteem MS910 smartphone and now I want to makes update onto this mobile phone. The new LG Esteem MS910 Android GPS is a new potential backpacking tool you can rely on. By default it contains Android OS, v2.3.4 Gingerbread mobile phone. Hence I want to update this mobile OS to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Hence please help me to recognize that should this mobile phone capable to do this task also mention update process. Thanks.

Re: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update on LG Esteem MS910

LG on Wednesday confirmed that its LG Optimus 2x mobile phone receive the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update. But there is not any article they declare that this LG Esteem MS910 mobile phone is being capable to run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update. Ice Cream Sandwich is more than just unification of the smartphone and tablet versions of Android. I think you need to wait some time for such official announcement. This will be beneficial for you. Don’t try to do any unnecessary task onto it.

LG is currently in the process of planning the ICS OS update for the LG Optimus 2X as well as other LG high-end mobile phones. Hence I would be thinking that this OS has must be come onto this mobile phone. The SDK for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update was publicly released on 19 October 2011. Hence within very short time duration, we can’t sure that this update also available on such LG Esteem MS910 mobile phone. You need to wait some time. I hope you get its notification message. Manufacturer has to be sending such notification messages onto its relevant mobile phone customer. Hence wait for few days. I hope you got right indication. Then only try to do this update task.

In UK you can access this Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus as well as official LG Optimus 2x mobile phone. But there will be not any such news explain that the LG Esteem MS910 mobile phone is being capable to run this mobile OS. Hence you need to wait some time.

There is no official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for this phone. I had checked the official website which says still Android 2.3. The most you can do is root the phone by CyanogenMod. But I not sure that it might work properly. It is a CDMA phone and you need the right firmware for proper functioning. On some forums users discussed on rooting this with CyanogenMod 9 but no one has tested yet. You can check what you can do with CyanogenMod 7.

I will not recommend to root the phone. As this phone officially has Android 2.3 and rooting the same to Android 4.0 can generate various issue. The operating system is not compatible with the phone. It is long time the phone is out and still LG do not give any update for Android. I was hoping to get some new for Gingerbread. It depends on the manufacturer. Till yet there are rare phones who receive Android 4.0 update.