Thread: How would Windows Phone 7.5 Mango update work for devices that are not on a carrier network?

How would Windows Phone 7.5 Mango update work for devices that are not on a carrier network?

“The official Windows Phone 7.5 upgrade methodology, each Windows Phone will moreover get programming from the handset maker. This matched and paired firmware has been painstakingly tuned so your phone—and applications—go with every last trace of the new features of Windows Phone 7.5." How could that work for devices that are not on a carrier network?

re: How would Windows Phone 7.5 Mango update work for devices that are not on a carrier network?

I updated my unlocked Dell Venue Pro to Mango. No carrier, no sim. I just utilize Wi-Fi and usb connections. I am figuring, but it looks prefer there are in reality 2 OS releases. OS for the hardware, which is what I updated to, and one from the carrier, which is the just OS in addition to the carrier tweaks. I accept you might as well have the capacity to get a up-date from Zune for your phone, provided that the fittings source is finished with whatever they need to do to uphold Mango. AT&T is arranging a Dell Venue Pro update, so assuming that I had them as a transporter, looks like I need to hold up while they tweak the Dell discharge. The just way I know of is to hold up until you get a up-date inform on your phone in the event that you are able to interface with Wi-Fi, or check for up-dates on Zune. Not proposing it, but you would be able to attempt the “might up-date” trick.

re: How would Windows Phone 7.5 Mango update work for devices that are not on a carrier network?

Following with the 'power upgrade' tricks, and FINALLY did get it to work. On the whole I should have spent 6-7 hours gathering bits of data all over and attempting over and over again. At one indicate my phone was acting like it was bricked, frightening, but it recovered. I'm still astounded why whoever didn't think this through a bit better.

Happy to hear you got it going. I utilized the forced up-date trick additionally, didn’t would like to hold up. It took four or five attempts, then after that it worked. It is a small harrowing while it updates, trusting it won’t crash. Fascinating how individuals spot workarounds, for example the compelled up-date trick. I am conjecturing someone should have known how Zune updates, or they had a lot of time on their hands.

I've got an AT&T-marked Focus that has never been on the AT&T network and a German T-Mobile-marked Omnia 7 that has never had a SIM card in it, and none, of these phones are wherever close to the US or France, and both gained the Mango update without any tricks or forcing.

Re: How would Windows Phone 7.5 Mango update work for devices that are not on a carrier network?

They are just now beginning up-date just 50% of the worthy customers. So if you’re not lucky and don’t would like to hold up, then its the forced up-date trick “Caveat Emptor”.