Thread: Spotlight search not working on iPhone 4 after upgrading iOS 5.

Spotlight search not working on iPhone 4 after upgrading iOS 5.

As the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to ask over here is in this particular thread. I am having iPhone 4 and I have upgraded with iOS 5 and it did not seems to working for me at all. Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Spotlight search not working on iPhone 4 after upgrading iOS 5.

Well looking at the situation I am suggesting following thing which you can try to fix the matter of yours.

• You should go for Settings and then go for General and then you have to go for Spotlight Search.
    • You have to see that all the types of the items which you wanted to search which are ticked into the continuous group from the top of the list.
    • You have to take care of thing that there should not be any items which are not ticked between the items which you have ticked.

I recommend that you should simply hard reset the iPhone of yours. to do the same you have to use the following instruction.
    You have to press as well as hold sleep and home button till the screen getting off and see the Apple logo on the screen.

I am suggesting that you should deselect Email from the Spotlight search and see whether it is working or not. You can also try with the reinstallation of the firmware on the device of yours. In case it is not working then Let me know whether it was working with the previous version of iOS. If so than I recommend that you should simply downgrade the iOS. I wanted to tell you an important thing over here is that you should back up the data from the phone memory since all the data will be removed after doing the firmware upgrade. Well you have to restore the data once you have completed with firmware downgrade process.

Well I am highly suspecting that there is a bug issue with the iOS 5 and I recommend that you should contact Apple and file a bug report to them. They will work on the same and release a patch which you can apply to make the thing working for you.