Thread: Can I update unlock Motorola DROID PRO to Gingerbread

Can I update unlock Motorola DROID PRO to Gingerbread

I don’t this it hard to understand but I like to ask I have an Unlocked Motorola DROID PRO. I yet contain the stock Rom to be on the phone plus I did not updated the handset since of the awful review i study on the Motorola DROID PRO forums so I want to know is If i update to gingerbread on my handset might it re-lock the handset again to Verizon as it did in an previous OTA Update and now my phone continue prompting me to update to the 3. OTA update so as to be by now downloaded however i have not installed it terror that the headset will get locked once more. What I want to ask is, Can I leave out 3.? Update and in a straight line Update to Gingerbread does anyone know anything about this I would be actually appreciating if anyone her can guide me trough my this problem

Re: Can I update unlock Motorola DROID PRO to Gingerbread

See the answer is really simple Updates don't lock the phone back to Verizon again and no You can't update OTA in a straight line to Gingerbread. You have to go through 3.8.7.

Thanks for the reply so can you tell me if I am not able to do it OTA then can it be done manually using TBH app . I would really like to know and if yes the can you tell me how as My mobile phone is rooted plus I’m fresh to android is there anyone who can that gives gradually instructions on the TBH method

That is good news that your phone is already rooted because to update through TBH you'll require to be rooted or else you can apply the zip file that's available online I don’t remember the file name

I tried buy the TBS app from his website. But it seems that I cannot purchase it because I’m based in India and while its asking for address proof" there is no alternative for Indian states, only American states can be seen. What a disappointment

Hey I also unlock the Motorola DROID PRO and I manually updated to Gingerbread two days previously and require to be familiar with if I can root at the present. any suggestion if that possible? Tried superoneclick however it didn’t work. get stuck at the "running psneuter" stage. Then I manually installed gingerbread on my droid pro with no being request to the 3.8.7 so i carried on from the 2.2 froyo to gingerbread any thought on how to root the new gingerbread? I would really lie to know this

You are unable to update the only method to have rooted Gingerbread is through the Team Black Hat app.

I have Motorola DROID which is 3.8.7 but at the moment it is prompting for the update what is wrong with it I am unable to understand

When i was rooted my phone by Z4root, after that accepted a VZ update, it set my phone in limbo. I still have the SU icon, however i did not have SU permissions on my handset. still doing a factory reset do not clear the whole thing out. I had to physically push the OS on my handset, then again install the present VZ update.

I just bought a new Motorola DROID PRO, unlocked, however Vodafone branded Motorola DROID PRO Is there available to be an OTA update or do I require to flash a particular ROM there are a just some around, however I believe they're all as of Verizon