Thread: How to share an iCloud account and Siri?

How to share an iCloud account and Siri?

I feel the need to share all photos, calendars and contacts with my sister. So we are shareing the same iCloud account. I was concerned iMesseging could work but it appears fine. Just situation I have run into appears to be that Siri continues modifying 'My Info' to whoever adapted it final. So if my wife chooses her address card, a few moments later it will update on my phone. Does Siri synchronize with iCloud somehow or does in requirement an exceptional iCloud account. Now Siri has quit working fully and I'm not in the event that it is in view of this or a general server overload. Any individual know of whatever available situations with sharing an iCloud account?

Re: How to share an iCloud account and Siri?

Same setup here I apprehended something was up when Siri lecture me by my sister's name. Following looked under Siri in the settings area and it demonstrated her contact information on my mechanism. I anticipate this bug to be spoke to as Siri developers-needing to utilize contrasting accounts sort of reason for having the ability to share data across devices.

Apple will come up with a solution this situation, because I could visualize a significant number of individuals will spot themselves with the same issue. Here's a workaround that has been working for me:
    • -On the machine where you synchronize your phone, include a brand new contact on the Computer, NOT on iCloud. On a Mac, you are able to set up Address Book to have by regional standards archived contacts what's more to iCloud under Address Book Preferences. Reach your name, unite your private iCloud account message, and put it in a bunch called "Siri".
    • -Plug your phone in via USB. In iTunes, under the INFO tab, select "Sync Address Book Contacts", and "Selected Groups", and your "Siri" amass. You will get a discourse asking in the event that you desire to union all items. You do.
    • -Click the "Apply" catch, which will do a sync operation.
    • -Open Settings>General>Siri and select "My Info". Select your card from the "Siri" bunch.
    • -On your phone, open Settings>General>Siri and select her particular Contact.

To change Siri My-Info will end up being the default iCloud user moreover, but it should not alter the proceeding’s Siri My-Info. In this way, both of you ought to log into iCloud from the phone. ICloud and Siri will toggle and settle on the final of the few of you who logged into iCloud. Then the subordinate individual might as well update his/her Siri My-Info. Again iCloud will switch to that individual in a few seconds. Then the prevailing planned account holder (you) need to update Siri My-Info to you. iCloud will then update back to you. The subordinate's My-Info will remain stable.

Fill me in regarding whether this works. The proposed are my particular trial and blunder outcomes, following Verizon and Apple were no help. So far its exceptional when numerous hours. (speak of the devil, you are able to look at so much happen in front of your eyes provided that you have icloud address book open or mac address book (collecting adjusted). You are able to even analysis by appointing your Siri contact to random address book people).

Compose a unique iCloud account each phone/device. Anyway just prepare FINDMYPHONE for each and every of them +/-send. Try not to prepare contacts, logbook, notes, and so on. Then head over to join account, and you could probably unite as countless more iCloud accounts as you need. In my case, the universal house iCloud account (renamed "F-iCloud"), and prepare every last item you have a desire to share. As a different blurb might have declared, photostream ends up account particular unfortunately. In any case every last item else works perfectly.

Siri utilizes the 'this is my card' capacity and most surely does match up that thought to the cloud. e.g. in the event that I contact to 'call me' on the phone, but later set my 'this is me' card on my mac, the LAST decision stands.

That is an engaging workaround putting a discrete assemble of contacts 'on my phone' through iTunes, that ought to as a matter of fact work, great intuition. I don't normally suggest any structure of synchronizing of contacts/emails/calendars through iTunes it constructs a repulsive mess of duplication. In the event that you ONLY have a few contacts 'on my iphone' for the better individuals that ought to work, the 'union' stride above will double all your contacts and as a rule spells catastrophe.
    A preferred explanation could presumable be:
    • -disable cloud contact adjusting; erase contacts from phone when it asks
    • -head off to contacts ON the PHONE and make the uncommon 'for Siri' contact so you are able to dole out THAT contact.

There is an inclination in SIRI for which contact is you, in the event that you assign it to an 'on my phone' contact which quite requires nothing different than name and possibly phone#, however depending on if you put in sister than you could probably express things like 'call my sister’ and it works decently, that need to work wonderfully well for sharing a SINGLE cloud-id, yet have unexpected individuals names in siri, you will then share photostream also.

Since you DESIRE to share photostream and contacts it could be sensible to share the same ID, but I still don't suggest it; reports additionally tied to the essential iCloud user. The genuine answer is to have disconnected iCloud essential user for the un-shareed parts and a SECOND iCloud user for the shareed articles. Utilize the shared ID for the ID on the mac provided that you share a solitary login or various-times depending on if you wish to SHARE contacts/calendars on the mac. (mac user ID autonomous of the cloud id). iTunes is a debacle by default; doubled in EACH account instead of shareed, but there are sensible workarounds for that.

All you need to do is contact for every member that could live ON THE MAC, not in iCloud, for every my directions above. Or, if your household is matching up to unexpected macs, actually make contacts for each individual who utilizes that exact mac. Shouldn't be a major ordeal, and this is a one-time thing to do.