Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011

Looking for the temporary fix for the Smart Playlist order bug for iPhone

I have found myself stuck between the smart playlist which was keeping into the correct order. It was having couple of smart playlist which was entered into the same. The original Smart Playlists keeping their order however the new playlist is combining them. Hence I have done a kind of experiment for the other smart playlist by simply making the new smart playlist which will contained the another smarty playlist and it seems to work. Let me know if you are having any comment on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 05-11-2011

re: Looking for the temporary fix for the Smart Playlist order bug for iPhone

Well you should try to move the podcast into the new smart playlist once you have done the same you should sync the original smart playlist. I am doubting whether you will be able to maintain the proper order.
Old 05-11-2011

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting following thing which you can try.
  1. You should create smart playlist called TEST1 by making use of podcasts.
  2. Now create another smart playlist called TEST2 and add the playlist Test1.
  3. Now you have to Sync TEST2 to the iPhone of yours.
  4. You have to give a look on the iPhone.
Old 05-11-2011

The main thing is that you have to sort the newly created smart playlist with the sort order which you wanted over here. Once you have done you have to transfer the playlist to iPod when it supposed to sync. This particular solution for the iOS 3 and it supposed to work perfectly with iOS 5. So try the same and let me know whether it is working for you.
Old 05-11-2011

After going through the situation of yours I wanted to tell you that you should simply uncheck the Live update for the each and every Smart Playlist which supposed to resync. The efforts of the work is directly proportional to the number of the smart playlists. Well it will defeat the purpose of the Smart lists but it seems to be quite better you will have the correct order than that of the songs which are listed.
Old 05-11-2011

Tell me how you are supposed to sort the playlist? I am suggesting that you are supposed to sort the playlist by simply Date Added and after that you should try to add Date Modified to the playlist and sort. Now try the same and let me know whether it was useful to you or not.
Old 05-11-2011

Doing lots of experiments I have figured out following thing which you can try to fix the matter of yours.
  • In iTunes you have to delete the X Newest Playlists.
  • Now you have to go for Library into the slide bar and choose Music.
  • From the file menu you have to choose the New Smart Playlist
  • You have to check the Match the following rule from the Pop box which supposed to appears.
  • Now you have to select the Media Kind', 'is', 'Music' into the pop-up menus.
  • Finally you have to check the Limit to checkbox and enter 100 into the box and you have to choose 'items', selected by 'most recently added'.
  • You can select any of the options Match only checked items or Live updating.
  • You have to click on Ok button and name the same.
Old 06-11-2011

Well I am highly suspecting that there is a bug issue and it should be resolved by the Apple. I am suggesting that you should contact the Apple and file a bug report to them. The developer of the game will work on the same and they will release the patch which you can apply to fix the issue which you are getting.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,