Thread: Is it possible to remap the 3D Button in LG Thrill 4G

Is it possible to remap the 3D Button in LG Thrill 4G

I know there may be just me who is thinking of this alternative with the such beautiful phone I this it is worth to do actually I did search on this aspect in the internet and there was the option there which said this is possible I that method was quite complicated and I was finding hard to understand it I was actually confused I am planning to remap it to camera is there anyone here can help me to solve this issue I would be really glad to know how can I be able to do remapping of 3D key in to the camera .

Re: Is it possible to remap the 3D Button in LG Thrill 4G

Interesting I might do this, I didn't be familiar with it in fact turned 3d on / off while in a 3D picture or in the camera.

I disgust it while I by mistake hit it.

I know that but the method I am showing will stop the alternative to switch between 2D as well as 3D while looking at pictures or else in the middle of games however if you’re similar to me I don’t contain time to play games or else try with 3D pictures, plus yes that makes the phone no different than some of the others but I now like the phone it's self.

First you have to do is following

• Get Root Explorer
    • Then go to /system/usr/keylayout
    • On head of app select mount R/W
    • Press long on omap-keypad.kl until menu comes up
    • Choose open in text editor
    • Scroll to the bottom to key 249
    • Alter 3D_HOT_KEY to CAMERA
    • Exit of text editor and choose mount R/O in top of app
    • Exit of Root Explorer
    • Restart

That will at the present map the 3D button to open the camera instead of something you might in no way use.

Now go back to stock.

• Find the way back to /system/usr/keylayout
    • Mount R/W
    • Just do this if you contain the omap-keypad.kl.bak that would be the backup of the original file
    • Remove the altered omap-keypad.kl
    • Rename omap-keypad.kl.bak to omap-keypad.kl
    • Exit and then restart.

That’s it you are good to go now hope this works

Hi I have actually used that method and successfully done the remaping but now when I try to reverse the procedure and changed it back to 3D_HOT_KEY the 3D key do not do anything am I stuck or is there a way out

Hey I like to ask whether it is possible like as an alternative of making it open the camera might it be program to act as a shutter key for the camera to take pictures. I would really like to know this

It just make my four base buttons illuminate as if it's registering that mean something should be happening . However not anything occur odd. I see again and the text still say CAMERA.

I don't familiar with if this create a dissimilarity or not although below the qwerty.kl it says 3D_HOT_KEY is still at key 249. The ompa-keypad.kl as well as the omap-keyboard.kl.bak display key 249 as a camera.

Hey when I did that it set to the camera and worked properly it just book few second to launched after reboot however what's odd is while I set it back and restart . I acquire nil. presently the navigation key slight up however no 3D app. I don't want to reset my pone just to get the button operational again with the 3D.

Hey I would to know while I pressed as well as released the 3D button the 4 soft keys is light up however the camera app does not start. But, I establish that if I press and hold the 3D button for 1 second, after that the camera app will certainly start. What wrong with it I would like to know about this

may be a dumb question however it just disable the ability to rapidly turn on the 3D in the middle of something however doesn't in fact stop the 3D capability? If so, I'm very concern.

Is it likely to create the button act as a soft key so as to will not break off applications? It be able to get maddening while you by mistake press the 3D button in the while playing the game, movie, or surfing the internet. More significantly for me, I'd akin to have the capability to map the button to a assured control in emulators, and this isn't likely while whenever you push it brings up the 3D menu.

yeah that is possible you can do it .just go in to the system/usr/keylayout/omap-keypad.kl over there just alter key 249. I made it to WAKE rather than 3D_HOT_KEY. You might also require to edit qwerty.kl in the similar way however I'm certain you could just leave it blank. This will stop the buttons 3D function certainly