Thread: Toshiba Portege R835 USB wireless mouse & keyboard not supporting

Toshiba Portege R835 USB wireless mouse & keyboard not supporting

I have a latest R835 from the Microsoft Store that has problem with my Microsoft wireless keyboard & mouse 3000. at times the mouse and keyboard work well, other times the cursor movement stutters, and sometimes, the keyboard and mouse stop operating completely, needing movement to a different USB port or a reboot. I exchanged in a wired mouse and it confirmed similar problem. So, I believe there is something going on with the USB ports or drivers - not certain how to test that. I contain all most recent updates for Windows 7 x64, in advantage all the up to date updates from the Toshiba site.

re: Toshiba Portege R835 USB wireless mouse & keyboard not supporting

If it occurs as like the problem occurs with the mouse and keyboard use one of the products that are listed
    • The wireless keyboard might not work or may work occasionally.
    • The wireless mouse might not work or may work occasionally.
    • The horizontal scrolling aspect, if it is available, may not work as predictable

There are several methods in which we can perform checks. The following methods applies to Method 1: with the receiver try to Resynchronize your device.
    It should be that while performing this action, confirm the device near the receiver and put any other wireless keyboards and mouse at least 6 feet away.try by pressing the button on the receiver, and then confirm that the light on the receiver starts to flash.
    1. If a dialog box comes into view on the screen in some seconds, follow the directions that emerge on the display. or else, go to the subsequently step.
    2. Press and free the Connect Channel button on the bottom of the mouse otherwise keyboard.
    3. Make sure the green light on the receiver blinks. A stable green light means the synchronization was doing well. If the trouble continues, try steps 1 through 4 once more.
    4. For the Wireless Notebook mouse: This question can occur if the micro-switch on the base of the mouse is not freed. Use a pin or a felt tip to try to release the key if it is depressed.

There is another method as like the Reinsertion of batteries or install new batteries.The wireless keyboard and the wireless mouse are running with the help of AA alkaline batteries for power. Take away the batteries, and then insert them again. If the problem continues, install a new set of batteries in the appliance that you are having troubles with.

The latest Microsoft IntelliPoint and/or IntelliType software can be checked for this .install the following software and try for more information on Microsoft Web site. There, search for the hardware support page. You will definitely find some solution for your keyboard and mouse.

It can also be done through trying devices on a different system. To assist you decide whether the trouble is for the reason of your PC or the device, attempt the mouse or the keyboard on a different PC. If the product works on another PC, the gadget is working properly. If the device does not work on another it is definite that a hardware problem incurred it. After trying out several methods, call the Microsoft Order Desk at (800) 360-7561 to get a alternate. For further information search for the Microsoft website.

Check for interference
    It is all possible that many solid substances such as metal furniture, radios, wireless routers and many more are placed which have an interference with the wireless keyboard and mouse. These things affect the performance of the device, which don’t let them to perform required work. So the advise to you is that check for these devices. The most suitable solution to this would be simply moving your PC to an open room, where you can be able to perform the check. After doing this try to check out the behavior of the keyboard. Putting the keyboard near a signal transmitting device will not allow detecting it. See to it that a distance of 8 to 12 meters exists between the device and the system.

By trying different ports you can achieve what you want. The advantage of your PC having different ports comes to mind, so try out by connecting exchanging the ports. Note that you do these before you start your PC. These are applying when your system is on off mode. If trying to connect you have to restart the system so that the changes apply to the current system.

Re: Toshiba Portege R835 USB wireless mouse & keyboard not supporting

I think I may have found a fix to this problem. I think all of the comments are on the wrong track - the problem seems to lie in the USB port - not a particular peripheral. I have the same issue where intermittently my USB port stops working mid-use (I've noticed on the port on the back right side of machine). I have been using a USB hub from that port, but also noticed the issue when just using a wired mouse on the port. I can then switch the device and confirm the other USB ports are working, but all devices will not function on back right USB port until a reset of the machine.

In another forum they discuss this and suggest:
    -go to: Control Panel | Device Manager | Universal Serial Bus Controllers
    - For each "Hub", right click and select "properties"
    -On each properties page, select "Power Management" tab
    -On each power management tab "uncheck" the "Allow the computer to turn off..."