Thread: Numbers are auto formatted on Safari iOS 5

Numbers are auto formatted on Safari iOS 5

I am having an iPhone 3GS on which I have installed iOS 5 on the same. As I am visiting the fedex.com in which I have entered the tracking number and that tracking number is seems to be formatted automatically with the commas after each and every third digit. The commas are appearing even after removing manually or simply clicking on the submit button. I am not able to find out why the above mentioned issue is happening. Any help on this particular matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Numbers are auto formatted on Safari iOS 5

Yes there are lots of people who are having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. Due to this particular feature it seems to be quite difficult to login on lots of websites as well as mobile banking also broken down. I don’t know when people from the Apple will look on this particular feature.

In this particular situation I recommend that you should clear the cache of the browser.’
    1. You have to click on the Safari menu and you have to click on the Empty Cache.
    2. When it is prompted you have to click on Empty.

To clear the cookies you have to go for Safari menu and Click on Preferences.
    • Now go for Bookmarks from security and click on Show Cookies.
    • You have to select the Cookies and remove or if you wanted to remove all the cookies then you should click on Remove all.

Looking at the matter I recommend that you should simply disable the auto complete option from the Safari and see whether it is working or not.

There could be an issue with the browser itself and hence I recommend that you should simply reinstall the browser on the iOS device of yours. if the thing is not working for you than I recommend that you should downgrade the browser to the previous version. Also you have to see that you have installed all the third party plugins on the device of yours. I am hoping that the issue of yours will be resolved after reinstalling the browser on the iOS device of yours.

Well looking at the situation I am suspecting that there could be bug issue with the software and so we need to contact the Apple and file a bug report to them. The developer will work on the same and they will release the patch which you can apply to fix the issue of yours.