Thread: Stuff regarding windows phone 7 OS update in general

Stuff regarding windows phone 7 OS update in general

Hey folks I would akin to to be familiar with how OS updates are given to the end users in windows phone 7. at present I am having Android Samsung Galaxy S and Google given code base to OEM and that is then customized by them. after that, OEM gives device precise OS updates to final users . thing is , if some OEM , say Samsung, choose to stop offering OS update to a particular device merely for the reason that they launched a fresh handset then that set of end users have no other alternative to upgrade the OS. I am conscious regarding XDA however that's not path usual end user similar to my mom or dad might like to follow.
    1. In this situation, what the modus operandi of OS update? I know that we require Zune to acquire windows phone 7 OS updates. However what if OEM come to a choice to stop giving support? Do i then get all the update made by Microsoft?
    2. How extended a device might go on to acquire OS update? do OEM plays a position in fix on this or Microsoft take this call ?

Can anyone here can solve my this query I would be really glad

Re: Stuff regarding windows phone 7 OS update in general

The answer for the first is I think there is contract among Microsoft plus OEMs that they must on time give their alteration to the OS image. See the new Mango even out for an example. The process for windows phone 7 OS updates is OS go to RTM, OEMs plus carriers add drivers plus test, after that updates go back to Microsoft for release.

And for the second one It hasn't be talk about as all phones are still completely supported, and might even be incorporated in the No. 1. Main updates to the OS appear to happen yearly at this stage, and by means of Mango all earlier handsets were supported.

You can't actually contrast Microsoft plus Windows Phone to the commotion world of Google plus Android.

So allow me to quote i purchase HTC HD7 now. currently what if HTC choose to stop carry for HD7 since they have get underway several fresh phone ?
    In this case how do i obtain upcoming OS update?

I know that all handset are updated to Mango, as well as this is expected. But going forward, how many of the current devices (Samsung Focus, HTC HD7) will be eligible for next OS update ? Because , 6-12 months down the line, we will see a lot of new models from HTC plus Samsung for Windows Phone . In this case, HTC or Samsung may choose to discontinue support for HD7 or Focus. Under such situation, if a few update is pressed by Microsoft , will my handset acquire OS update ?

For this I can only say You are asking query that no-one can reply yet.

I am sorry I am new to windows but I really appreciate your reply however is there anyone who like to comment on this I really like to know about your thought on this